Looking for a new carry gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new carry gun.

Currently looking for a new carry gun. I am thinking about the Glock 19, Glock 43, and Sig Sauer P365. Just looking for recommendation for other to checkout or if you prefer any of these to give some opinions on them. I was leaning towards the Glock 19 but am a little hesitant as I have always carried smaller guns. I just want to make sure I am not setting myself for an excuse to not carry. That is why I was thinking about trying out the P365. Still has decent capacity while being small. I did like shooting it when rented it at the range. Just can't seem to make a final decision.

Did the kinks get worked out on the sig?

I was looking at that when announced at SHOT but I'm still leading more towards the 43. Currently carry a lcp and looking to change as well

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Did the kinks get worked out on the sig?

I was looking at that when announced at SHOT but I'm still leading more towards the 43. Currently carry a lcp and looking to change as well
      I thinking they fixed it with the second run but not 100%. I know Sig has at least been very easy to work with for those who had issues.

Comment

I love my G42 for quick trips or days I don’t want to carry my 9mm. Very easy to conceal and carry. I bought it for my wife but she never carries it. I also carry a mod2 in 9mm with 4 inch barrel.
        I wanted something high capacity so that’s how I ended up with the mod2. I’ve been happy with it and it’s very accurate as is the G42.

Comment

What were the issues with the 365? I havent seen one in person but it looks pretty sweet. I have a P938 that is my go to carry gun.

Comment

Love my Kimber micro raptor in 380.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
              What were the issues with the 365? I havent seen one in person but it looks pretty sweet. I have a P938 that is my go to carry gun.

Comment

Why not have both. Use the G43 when you need a smaller gun to conceal and the g19 for other days. The key will be to find a good holster for both. I feel that I can carry a full size 1911 just as easy as a g43 with the right holster. I have never needed to even think about pulling any of them. But if I did, I would feel much more comfortable with a g19

Comment

M&P 2.0 subcompact with Apex trigger kit. If I wanted one skinnier I’d get another G43. I just love the size, capacity, comfort of grip, and trigger of the M&P over the Glock. For ultimate concealablity and reliability with no points given to the other factors, it’s hard to beat a G43

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                    Why not have both. Use the G43 when you need a smaller gun to conceal and the g19 for other days. The key will be to find a good holster for both. I feel that I can carry a full size 1911 just as easy as a g43 with the right holster. I have never needed to even think about pulling any of them. But if I did, I would feel much more comfortable with a g19

This^^^ I love my G43 and it’s my usual EDC but I find myself wanting more capacity when I’m in space (movie theater, grocery store, etc) where an active shooter might break out. My G43 is perfect for a road trip where you’ll just be stopping for gas or fast food or even the ride to the gym. I have the Taran Tactical +3 downloaded to +2 (so its now 8+1) but it won’t feel like enough when the SHTF in a large area with space.

I’m mulling over the G26 with a TLR-6 or G19 with a X300 Ultra in a Stealthgear holster as my new go-to EDC for the above mentioned trips to get groceries or out with the family in a larger setting. G26 has the edge in size/weight/ease of carry and can accommodate G19 mags to add capacity but the TLR-6 is very marginal and even poor compared to a TLR-1 series or X300. The XC-1 just isn’t bright enough for the price point. So I get a smaller and easier to carry pistol with decent capacity in the G26 but the light selection sucks because of the lack of a rail. The G19 is the true Jack of all trades, master of none. There’s a reason it’s so popular, it’s just hard to beat the combination.

This is still a heck of a compact carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                        Currently looking for a new carry gun. I am thinking about the Glock 19, Glock 43, and Sig Sauer P365. Just looking for recommendation for other to checkout or if you prefer any of these to give some opinions on them. I was leaning towards the Glock 19 but am a little hesitant as I have always carried smaller guns. I just want to make sure I am not setting myself for an excuse to not carry. That is why I was thinking about trying out the P365. Still has decent capacity while being small. I did like shooting it when rented it at the range. Just can't seem to make a final decision.
                        What do you carry now and what don't you like about it?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                          What do you carry now and what don't you like about it?
                          I currently carry the Glock 36 and used to carry a Shield. Capacity being the main concern. I really like the simplicity and reliability of the Glock while really liking the smaller size of the Shield. I got the shield as when I first started carrying I did not want to have the excuse of comfort or ability to conceal it to cause me not to carry. Once I became more comfortable with carrying I got the Glock 36 which is slightly larger but has the same capacity due to being 45acp. The 365 seemed like the best option with the larger capacity while still being small. However size wasn't as big of an issue upon finding good holsters so that is why the 19 came into the conversation. Also thinking of the 19 as since I already carry the 36 I can always switch back when something more comfortable is in order. Just tough making a decision when you like them all but can only buy 1.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                            The issue is that it's the best carry gun ever. You can conceal it anywhere. When confronted by danger, you just unfold the photo and the perp craps all over himself and surrenders.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X