Direct Thread or Quick Detach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Thread or Quick Detach

Looking for opinions on DT or QD...This will be pretty much dedicated to a hunting rifle and probably will not be moved...I have looked at the Sandman line and they offer either one for 30 caliber cans.....Thanks

Direct thread that way your not buying $60 plus muzzle devices for your other guns. QD is great for ARs to avoid it from loosening up during heat cycles and causing a baffle strike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the QD because the lock up is repeatable and it does not move or loosen. I also like it because if the threads on it get messed up I am not chopping off barrel to fix it.....just replacing a mount.

Comment

Direct thread all the way for me.

Comment

Buy the OMEGA 300 and can do both

Comment

I have an Omega and DT mine, my son has the same and all his are QD.

TO me, DT is shorter and lighter. It might take me 4-5 more seconds to thread, but not that big of a deal. It is not like it is something you are doing 5 or 10 times a day. Even then you are only saving 60 seconds....

Comment

Direct thread for my bolt guns, QD for my semis.

Comment

Originally posted by krazykritters View Post
                Direct thread that way your not buying $60 plus muzzle devices for your other guns. QD is great for ARs to avoid it from loosening up during heat cycles and causing a baffle strike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                Lol. On my direct thread rifles I have even more expensive muzzle devices than my QDs!

Like this little gem.

https://www.americanprecisionarms.co...ittle-*******/

Comment

I prefer the direct thread option because of the weight and length savings.

Comment

the quick detach like thunderbeast and crux uses is good option if will be using on guns with different threads

Comment

I went with QD because I am going to use mine on different guns that have different thread patterns and I didn't want to fool around with thread adapters. If I was going to put it on a dedicated gun I would have done direct thread.

Comment

I like QD on all. No way to booger/wear the threads AT ALL. QD goes on once and it stays.
                        The aggressive thread on the flash suppressor and ratchet teeth lock it up like a dream, and it is repeatable to tighten at same spot all the time. Time is not an issue. I look at it as it is done once.

Comment

I'll toss one on the QD pile.
                          I've got both and prefer the QD. Easier all around and I have no fear of it loosening like my DT can can.

Comment

Direct thread. I’ve got an Omega and really dislike my QD. About to get my bolt gun cut and rethreaded for a direct thread.

Comment

Direct thread allows me to use all my cans on all my guns. Every guns I care to shoot is threaded 5/8x24.

Comment

Working...
                              X