Advice on storm shelters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife wants a storm shelter put in. Has anyone had this done? I really don't know much about them. The ones I've seen are cast concrete, but i haven't priced anything yet. Thoughts?

Shelter

FlatSafe Oklahoma Tornado Storm Shelters in OKC, Tulsa, Moore, Norman, Edmond, Yukon, Mustang, and all over the state. Underground and above ground shelters

Comment

I bought one

In ground

Great job

Fits more Hanna queen size blow up in thee

Comment

We have a 4x8 above ground. I believe it was about $4500 installed

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          I bought one

In ground

Great job

Fits more Hanna queen size blow up in thee
          Thou hath losteth me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
            Thou hath losteth me.
            Thou missed the relations to mattress with ones thoughts concerning the fetish doll..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I'm really lost.........relations ??????????fetish doll???????

Comment

Local guy is doing a 7x10 underground cast concrete for us for $4100 turn key.

I've seen the above-ground ones that bolt to your concrete foundation, but I've also seen tornadoes sweep a foundation completely clean. If a tornado is strong enough to remove everything above ground level, I don't see myself trusting a shelter bolted to the foundation. And those tiny little pipe capsules they sell at Home Depot? No thanks.

Went through an F1 that tore the chimney off, messed up the roof and knocked fences down about ten years ago. Swore we'd get a shelter but didn't. The Emory tornado missed us, but not by much. After doing search and rescue in Emory and seeing the devastation first hand, we decided $4100 is dirt cheap.
                Last edited by JP135; 05-21-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I had an above ground steel one built for a little less than $3,000. It has a bank vault style inward opening door and has an angled roof for added strength. I have a barndominium, the shelter is in stalled in the barn section, near an access door from the house into the barn.

Comment

I believe ours is from Hillsbough storm shelters( i will check) 3800 delivered and installed. 1 day 6wx8lx7h in ground. Wife is happy. Check you county emergency agentcy...some have grants that will pay about half...but check them first...they wont pay if installed before

Comment

Jerell storm shelters

Comment

Storm shelter guy in Sherman traveled to me and installed.

Comment

Thanks all - I appreciate the input.
                          I think I like the in ground option better. Names of contractors and websites are helpful.
                          And yes, I was thinking blowup doll too lol

Comment

We had a 6x6x8 Concrete in ground installed in Krum a few weeks ago for $3600.

Comment

Oh pics would be cool too

Comment

Working...
                              X