Bow Hunting Out of Tripod Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Hunting Out of Tripod Stand

Anybody bow hunt out of a tripod stand? I have a spot with no good trees for a hanger and I’m tired of sweating buckets during early bow season in a pop up.

Brands and models would be helpful. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of us here use tripods. Find one with a swivel seat and a good size platform in case you want to stand up. I prefer sitting but like the seat being able to swivel for different angle shots. I'll see if I can find what brand I have. I know a couple are game winner from Academy and I removed the gun railing so I could bow hunt from them.

Comment

Summit tripod. Can be 12' or 16'. Durable and quiet. Has a nice size platform too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Many of us here use tripods. Find one with a swivel seat and a good size platform in case you want to stand up. I prefer sitting but like the seat being able to swivel for different angle shots. I'll see if I can find what brand I have. I know a couple are game winner from Academy and I removed the gun railing so I could bow hunt from them.
        same here but don't know what brand I use but it is only 8 ft up

Comment

I have 10 and 12 foot tripod stands at me lease and ranch. Half a dozen to be exact. Set them in a clump of short trees and you are food.

Gary

Comment

Quick video of the short Game Winner. Again I do away with the shooting rest and just have the chair.

Comment

I weld up my own. I generally don’t go past 6’ but height is dependent upon cover and other factors. Hunting from a tripod is my favorite way to bowhunt.

Comment

Game tamers are the best tripods made and awesome to hunt out of .

Comment

I do. I have some pop ups but haven't used them in years.

Tripod hunting just feels like bowhunting to me vs sitting in a big permanent stand

Comment

My favorite is the Woodsey Too Quadpod.

Comment

I love them. Can be pretty mobile vs. a ladder stand, so if your spot is not working out, it's easier to move it by yourself. I try to grab old artificial Christmas trees and zip tie or wind the branches around the legs to brush it in. Set the tripod up in a cedar (evergreen) and the deer will walk right by you without notice. For arm rests (if they are included in seat), I zip tie pipe insulation and cover with black or camo duct tape.

Comment

I have a 16' from South Texas tripods. Haven't used it in a few years because we got rid of our lease and it's too heavy to haul around the public. I liked it a lot.

Comment

I have several South Texas tripods. Very stable and lightweight to move if you want to on the fly
                          6’-10’. Never had the larger ones

Comment

I recommend the Woodsey Too quadpod. It’s extremely comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use them a lot. I have used all different kinds and all different heights. As long as you have trees to cover it the higher the better.

-john

Comment

Working...
                              X