• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice place BJ
    Have fun with it

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Thanks guys. My wife went to the land with me yesterday and got an action shot. This tree was about 20 ft long and HEAVY. At first I lifted it and when I backed up the machine tipped forward. This thing rips at about 4k so that thing was solid. I cut it in half and moved it with ease. We are back at it today and I hope to get the are cleared for the cabin. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

cant wait for more!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
            They are all over the place, and that is exactly what my wife said. They are peanut butter lids where they cut the bottom out of the jar, screw the lid to the tree, and you get an instand deer attractant. Ive seen them all over east tx.

congrats on the new property, we just did the same thing last year for 35 ac. A lot of work but its fun.

Also on the peanut butter baits, are you saying the bottom of the jar is cut off or just partially? I would think in the summer, the heat would make the contents run out onto the ground, or maybe I'm missing something. Good overall idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              congrats on the new property, we just did the same thing last year for 35 ac. A lot of work but its fun.

Also on the peanut butter baits, are you saying the bottom of the jar is cut off or just partially? I would think in the summer, the heat would make the contents run out onto the ground, or maybe I'm missing something. Good overall idea though.
              The peanut jar is most definitely a cool weather snack for the deer. And you are correct, this is too much fun but also lots of manual labor. Here are a couple before and after shots from today. I'm taking a lunch break now, then it's time for some chainsaw fun [emoji23].

Comment

Great progress.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  The peanut jar is most definitely a cool weather snack for the deer. And you are correct, this is too much fun but also lots of manual labor. Here are a couple before and after shots from today. I'm taking a lunch break now, then it's time for some chainsaw fun [emoji23].

I need a lot of brush work done on mine but have no equipment, they're recommending I remove most of the cedars. I have a lot of hardwood and some dense thickets too. If you ever want the extra work, LOL, let me know.

Comment

It must feel good to have a wife that supports you buying and playing with big boy toys.
                    I forgot to look for those features when I married up.
                    Congrats on your land purchase and progress.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      I need a lot of brush work done on mine but have no equipment, they're recommending I remove most of the cedars. I have a lot of hardwood and some dense thickets too. If you ever want the extra work, LOL, let me know.
                      Those cedars are a cinch to uproot with the grapple. The brush cutter trailblazes through that brush with ease. It would have taken me a months to do by hand what I did in a day out there.

Comment

That grapple can be used to grub up yaupon and other brush and get a lot of the roots. I get a lot of use out of mine.
                        When I was clearing a place for a barndo, I had it clear cut during a thinning and then got a dozer in to get the stumps out and prep the land.

Comment

I made it back to the land today to do a little work on my day off. Got a feeder set up and put a picnic table in the woods for us to have a place to chill out and take a break. Also got a tree cup out of my way where my cabins driveway is going to be. The ground is really drying up from all this sun. I will probably come out really soon with the bucket and smooth out the dirt and burn some.

Comment

Well its been a good while since i posted an update on our place, and there has been good progress. I have recently put our travel trailer out there so we could have a place to escape the heat and stay the night when we wanted to. I had planted a new electric service pole and trenched water from the meter we had installed earlier this year.

We are covered up in pigs and deer that visit the feeders all through the day. I was able to get my bow stand setup yesterday and i plan on thinning out the hog population when I get an opportunity.

Also, as of last week I purched a new tool for my skidsteer. The Danuser Intimidator turned out to be an amazing tool for my place. I spent about four hours with it in the woods yesterday building a fire break between me and the neighbors land. I have plans with TPWD to do a controlled burn on half the place in a couple months.

We are also getting closer to start building our 2 bedroom cabin that will be our home untill we get our new house built.

Comment

Congrats on the new place. New toys are great ..... the more the merrier.

Comment

Its been quite a while since i have updated yall on our Rains county land, so here we go. We have our cabin sight cleared off and have purchased a 40'x32' wood framed building that was being used by thr royse city isd as a classroom. now as soon as it gets dry enough in both places, where it sits and where its going, we will be having it moved. We are really excited to get the building out there so we can get to work on making it into out cabin. I has been a classroom for the last 15 years and has no plumbing at all, but it does have a residential style AC system and its already wired. We will be having to build out the interior and put on new siding and a metal roof. The front of the building had a porch on it that caused some wood to rott, but its not really bad and the mover said he will repair all the bad lumber before he hauls it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X