Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antlermax

Comment

Double down feed out of Dilley. I know it’s not East Texas but I do believe other places are starting to carry it. I switched to it at the end of deer season and the deer hammered it. I’m looking forward to the results this year. Last season, I was not impressed with the 16% and 20% that we fed.

I think Double Down is 21% mixed with cotton seed and peanuts. Our deer love the stuff. Good luck whatever you use.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
        Double down feed out of Dilley. I know it’s not East Texas but I do believe other places are starting to carry it. I switched to it at the end of deer season and the deer hammered it. I’m looking forward to the results this year. Last season, I was not impressed with the 16% and 20% that we fed.

I think Double Down is 21% mixed with cotton seed and peanuts. Our deer love the stuff. Good luck whatever you use.
        50# sacks ? How much ?

Comment

How much is the L&E Antlermax?

Comment

L&E is what I usually feed. Last weekend I bought some at Ranchland in Goldthwaite that is the blend they have done. 20% and $10 a bag. Deer got on it within a couple of days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	protein1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24428190

Name:	protein2.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	24428191

Name:	protein3.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	24428192

Comment

L&E antler max I had Purina for about 5 years price went up so switched. I'm going to try 5 tons of the new double down in about two weeks the mineral supplement and peanut addition with cotton seed intrigues me.

Comment

We pay 1,200 for 5 tons of L&E includes transport and then $20 per feeder to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by GTXHUNTER88 View Post
                  L&E antler max I had Purina for about 5 years price went up so switched. I'm going to try 5 tons of the new double down in about two weeks the mineral supplement and peanut addition with cotton seed intrigues me.
                  The deer are hitting our DD feed very hard right now. I think you will like the switch. We just added water to many of our feed stations also.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    L&E
                    Antlermax
                    This. Lots of research and experience goes into these brands
                    My deer love them.

BP

Comment

Antler max...if you not into spending 12/bag look very closely at red chain. You can buy directly from the mill in Goreman and it's pretty dang cheap compared to antlermax

Comment

I an in Rusk county in East TX and feed differently than most. I use a commodity mix of soybean hull pellets, steam rolled corn, corn gluten pellets and dried distillers grain with added calcium, phosphorus and vitamins, rather than a "deer" pellet. You can vary the percentages of each material in the mix. I change it depending on time of year, the protein is between 16 and 19 percent depending on the mix used. It feeds well out of my gravity feeders but would not do well in a spin feeder.

I get it delivered bulk for $240 per ton from Valley feed in Paris, Tx. which is $6 per bag, not sure if they sell it bagged or not. The WTs and exotics are in better shape than with any deer pellet that I have tried and I tried a lot of them including custom mixes.

Comment

The double down protein is the best deer feed in my opinion if you can find a dealer close enough to you. Our deer love it. It's a custom feed made at DF&G Wildlife Supply in Dilley. They are a site sponsor here. It's loaded with cottonseed, minerals and peanuts. I have fed DD for one year now and extremely happy with the results. Best mass we have ever seen on our bucks and the heaviest body weights. We switched from Antler max last January I had no complaints with AMax if that's all you can get in your area. There is a map of dealers on the dd website.

Comment

It seems the only protien I can find around Lufkin is Purina Antlermax. No L&E or Double Down anywhere.

Comment

We pay 1,200 for 5 tons of L&E includes transport and then $20 per feeder to fill.
                              $240 a ton?????????? That is less than I am paying for bulk corn

Comment

Does this change based on where it's delivered? (Mileage).

I'm looking for something around Rocksprings or that I can pick up on the way. And $10/bag or less would be nice. Being delivered in bulk is also an option if it's $240/ton as mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
                                X