No announcement yet.

CWD found in panhandle whitetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bossbowman please educate yourself before you make an ignorant statement.

Comment

Justin, I wouldn't call Bossbowmans comment ignorant. dang near ALL of CWD infected deer movement was in a trailer behind a truck going to a high fence of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        disgusting, thank you deer farmers...
        My ranch isn’t far from there. How many deer farmers you think are in dalhart? I can’t even keep cattle fences up in the winter with tumble weeds and snow drifts, can’t image 8’

Next someone will blame GMO corn

Comment

Dang GMO corn

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
            Justin, I wouldn't call Bossbowmans comment ignorant. dang near ALL of CWD infected deer movement was in a trailer behind a truck going to a high fence of some sort.
            Really you obviously not spent much time in eastern CO and Western Kansas.

Calling CWD in high plains panhandle a product of deer farming is idiotic at best.

Like I said earlier better off blaming GMO corn or Blk foot ferret release or even the Cimmaron grassland 70’s elk release

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
              Dang GMO corn
              I’m going with Blackfooted ferret re-introduction, reverts blame back to feds.

Now that we killed all those invasive honey bees up there and can’t pollinate our corn...
              Last edited by Texans42; 01-10-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4-fletch View Post
                I've seen some bucks with black spray paint and wondered
                what that was about.They were on 277 going to Bronte
                I meant to post a thread asking about it and never did. This doe was on the side of 90 between hondo and dhanis. Her whole belly was orange in road construction orange

Comment

I’m still wondering how it ended up in Norway if it has only been spread in the back of a trailer.
                  Last edited by lab man; 01-10-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    My ranch isn’t far from there. How many deer farmers you think are in dalhart? I can’t even keep cattle fences up in the winter with tumble weeds and snow drifts, can’t image 8’

Next someone will blame GMO corn
                    So what you're saying is no trailered deer ever introduced CWD to a new herd in a different area.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                      been in existance since mid 60's when Colorados' wildlife research station at Ft Collins set the disease in motion...then spread infected deer around.
                      It was first identified in this high fence setting.....
                      The prion precursor protein genetic sequence is found in multiple deer species.

So what you are telling me is that the Colorado Dow created transgenic deer and caused this.....

My take it is a naturally occurring phenomena. And the prevalence has increased with the increase in keeping deer in pens. And also allowing deer to survive to a longer age in the wild and pens

Comment

Originally posted by 4-fletch View Post
                        I've seen some bucks with black spray paint and wondered
                        what that was about.They were on 277 going to Bronte
                        Dang that’s my area. Maybe I’ll text the GW and see what’s up with that.

Comment

well hopefully they can eradicate every single last deer in the county, before it kills a bunch of deer.

Comment

It has also been in western Kansas for a while now. So, it has probably been in the WT herd in that area of Texas for a while now.

Comment

That sucks!

It almost certainly came to Arkansas on a trailer....

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                                It has also been in western Kansas for a while now. So, it has probably been in the WT herd in that area of Texas for a while now.
                                Probably for 10s of thousands of years....
                                We just have the means to identify it and are looking for it.

Remember it wasn’t until the 50s that scientists discovered the structure of DNA......

Comment

Working...
                                X