Public Service Announcment - Married Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Service Announcment - Married Men

For the married men around the fire - Hunting season is coming to a close for many of us(for a short time with spring turkey around the horizon)

I was reminded this week after looking through a really old TTH magazine article I wrote about 12 years ago. Gist of the story was my wife encouraged me to go hunting on our anniversary because of a break in work and a cold front coming through in late October. I scored my biggest bow buck up to that date on that very hunt and she shared that she knows I'm reenergized after being in the woods and therefore, serve her better and focus on being a better husband and father.

While not all of our wives may "encourage" us to go hunting, we still have some that will "put up" with our shenanigans and our absences to fill a small void in us that keeps us going - for that, I'm just reminding my bro's to send the random text to your bride today and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. I'm often reminded how far a simple and timely word goes even if we fail to do so often enough. Thanks for your friendships GS and hope you have a great week leading into our last weekend of duck bustin'!

Great suggestion. I'm lucky that my wife enjoys hunting (fishing even more) and encourages me to go when I can. It's still nice to let them know we appreciate it.

Comment

Did it yesterday. Very important to tell them how amazing they are from time to time. If you’re not, some other clown will! Great words of advice sir!

Comment

My wife hates MLD!!

Comment

Wise words. I drag mine out there with me on all the hunting trips, how am I ever supposed to have a good breakfast otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            My wife hates MLD!!
            haaaa I bet!!
            Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Wise words. I drag mine out there with me on all the hunting trips, how am I ever supposed to have a good breakfast otherwise?
            Man, I hadn't thought about that

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              My wife hates MLD!!
              We have more axis than whitetail on our lease, so hunting season never ends.

My wife doesn't mind. And I don't feel like I need to hunt every weekend during the fall either. I get to hunt a little here and there all year. Win/win

Comment

Great Words oh wise one!

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                  Great Words oh wise one!
                  only wise by osmosis - a buddy texted me this morning from a men's group and it was a timely reminder indeed!

Comment

A wise reminder Brian!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I am truly blessed and I tell her that. She loves to hunt and goes to the lease with me nearly every time. I don't like going without her. She's my best friend and I can't spend enough time with her. She works harder than some of the paid lease members! She helps cook, clean, fill feeders, pushes broken down UTV's.....everything!

Comment

I make her my #1 priority and I hunt all I want with no lip. I killed my biggest deer on our club on her birthday after she encouraged me to hunt that day. But,I married way up out of my league.

Comment

Just food for thought: on opening weekend, the bars in Bandara get plenty of out-of-town women whose husbands are hunting somewhere else. Think about that for a minute. LOL

Comment

I texted mine this morning but she never got it until a few minutes ago [emoji19] she was chopping wood.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Sancho never sleeps

Comment

Working...
                              X