No announcement yet.

Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents owned a business in the mid 2000's that received a number of magazine subscriptions. I liked checking the Rolling Stone cover just to see what outrageous GW headline they came up with that month.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but straw purchases are already illegal under federal law and such purchases are felonies. Also, while you can buy more than 2 firearms at one time, it requires additional paperwork and waiting periods. This is part of the Brady Law.

For Rolling Stone to imply straw purchases are not felonies and anyone can buy 10 guns without background checks is false.
      I've many times, walked into a gun store and bought multiple guns. There was no additional paperwork and no waiting period. I did it as recently as this April.

Comment

Very interesting story.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I've many times, walked into a gun store and bought multiple guns. There was no additional paperwork and no waiting period. I did it as recently as this April.
          No extra paperwork for you as the buyer...that is for the FFL. If you buy two or more handguns and/or two more of certain types of long guns that meet requirement within the few day window, then the FFL sends a copy of the multiple gun purchase form with make, model & s/n to CLEO (Sheriff or Chief of Police of your area) & the ATF.

Comment

Sure would be fun to hunt hogs with a mini-gun like the article says was the initial story.

Comment

good read.

Comment

Working...
              X