X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

OP, sorry for the off topic diaper discussion

my advice , just go shoot one and decide for yourself

I plan on shooting and trying out quite a few but I was still wanting the GS opinions. I am out in bfe up in the panhandle and since most bow shops only carry 4 or 5 brands it is going to take me awhile and several hundred miles to try out everything.

Comment

I just picked up a '15 Synergy 60lb, 28.5dl and shoot 28.5 GT XT Hunters with 100grn tips...have no Idea how fast and the foam deer, turkey, hog, reinhardt 18:1, Fusion Block don't care neither...smoothest bow I've shot...Also have a Z7 and thought it was smooth until I shot this one....the let off of these Elite's is ridiculusly light...it's like a 92% letoff or something like that....
      Attached Files

Comment

closer i get to the ranch gate.. faster i go with my gt500

Comment

E35 28.5" @ 70 lbs, I'm shooting 280. I haven't weighed my arrow setup. Its fast enough that every animal I've shot with it hasn't cared or lived to care.

Smoothest, quitest bow I've ever shot or seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            Gay
            From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word gay arrived in English during the 12th century from Old French gai, most likely deriving ultimately from a Germanic source.[1] In English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature.

Yup happy go-lucky guy there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word gay arrived in English during the 12th century from Old French gai, most likely deriving ultimately from a Germanic source.[1] In English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature.

Yup happy go-lucky guy there.

You haven't met Daniel have you? Look up the 2nd definition for that word?

Comment

HaHa, that would actually be the 1st definition, I had to scroll down to get to the one I posted. LOL

Comment

2011 Elite Hunter 28.5" draw, 422 gr. Arrow, 272 fps @ 72#
                  The smoothest and best shooting bow I've ever owned.
                  Last edited by Richard; 12-18-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

In the next 5 years, compounds will be pushing 400 fps. When that day comes, people won't want a 330-340 fps bow anymore because it will be "slow" compared to what's available. It doesn't matter what bow you buy today, they're ALL capable of killing just about anything you're going to hunt. 300 fps ain't slow, it just doesn't look as good as those 5 and 6 in brace hights with ibo's of 350,360,370 fps.

Find something that's comfortable, smooth, and solid. Being comfortable and confident is what kills animals, not speed. Don't let Elites IBO ratings turn you away from their shootability and their lifetime warranty.

Comment

E-35 at 82lbs/30" draw with 495gr. Deep Impact at 305.

Comment

ELITE GUYS Speeds????

Originally posted by BtechDestroyer View Post
                        In the next 5 years, compounds will be pushing 400 fps. When that day comes, people won't want a 330-340 fps bow anymore because it will be "slow" compared to what's available.

They were saying this in 2010 when I was looking to replace my Mathews Drenalin ... We have one more year according to them. lol.

I am not a speed freak but I do like a little pep with a combination of smooth. Actual 300-305 ish is a perfect speed to me. Those nut breaking bows like the Omen, DNA or any of the 5" brace height Monsters (XLR8 I think) don't do anything for me. If they are gonna break 400 it better be a smooth draw with a solid back wall and it better not bust my forearm every shot.. Id rather shoot a Switchback XT than that.
                        Last edited by Smart; 12-18-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          They were saying this in 2010 when I was looking to replace my Mathews... We have one more year lol.

I am not a speed freak but I do like a little pep with a combination of smooth. Actual 300-305 ish is a perfect speed to me. Those nut breaking bows like the Omen, DNA or any of the 5" brace height Monsters (XLR8 I think) don't do anything for me. If they are gonna break 400 it better be a smooth draw with a solid back wall and it better not bust my forearm every shot.. Id rather shoot a Switchback XT than that.

I concur

Comment

I just bought my elite 35 knowing it's not the fastest bow on the market but I bought it knowing how well it felt shooting it .

I'm no speed freak I'm all about comfortable that's what sold me on the elite

Comment

08 GTO 29" @ 62lbs. 350gr. @ 294.....and 412gr. @ 264

I also have a 2011 Pulse 70lbs. but haven't put it through a chrono yet

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                They were saying this in 2010 when I was looking to replace my Mathews Drenalin ... We have one more year according to them. lol.

I am not a speed freak either but would like a little pep especially after having one jump the string this year from about 18yds. I have been eyeing the elites for awhile and was curious as to the speed of a hunting set up elite. After reading reviews on multiple bows a lot of the new faster bows are getting a lot of good reviews on all aspects of the bow and including the draw cycles. Just figured I would ask the GS guys their opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X