Cruz's record while in the Senate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
    So now you know the question what do you think about the emails?
    Never read one them.......kinda like the nra mail

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      LMAO.............I been that way for 20 years. I hear your sound bites daily.............good enuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        What are you getting at? I donated to him. I get his e-mails and his texts. I don't see anything in them that is any different than the other e-mails I get from the rest of the candidates/politicians. Copy and paste the e-mail he sent you that you are so offended by and let's dissect it.
        This is part of it. Exactly I don't see much that is any different than other politicians. I think people would think from Cruz it would be different. But I think the reason why we don't see any different is because things are being run by establishment campaigners. I don't know how hands on and personable he is with his communications to supporters. But just overall I have not been impressed.

In regards to some specific emails I can think of two in particular as examples.

First there was one that has been duplicated several times. He got a lot of negative feedback from a tactic they used in an early caucus of sending out something that looked like a report card with someone's name on it and a grade next to it. Well I would think you would not want to duplicate or do anything similar like this to donors. However there were a few emails that were similar having a persons name listed among other names with check boxes next to the people that donated recently to help the cause. If you got it then you know what I'm talking about. I just thought it was a stupid thing to do after the voter incident that happened.

Second is the recent emails that are asking if you want to become a deputy delegate. Its the ones showing where you can get your name added to an ID card if you contribute. When you are getting negative media hits because you are playing the delegate battle I just don't see why you would want to do something like this.

The two examples just reflect negatively to me and make me wonder if he (Cruz) personally endorses those. Since he is calling me friend and it has his name and says its from him personally I'm assuming he does If so then its a turn off to me personally.

I have shown them to several people when the timing was sort of questionable to see what they thought and that had the same reaction as I had. The people I showed them to were Cruz supporters. So I have just been wondering if anyone else thought the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Fair enough and its probably an easier way to live

I unfortunately read both.

Now in another story my son got something from Cruz saying if he sent $7 he would get a sign signed by Ted. He got an envelope last week and it had just a small Cruz sticker in it and it wasn't signed. It was not even a copy of a signature which is what he thought it would be in the first place.

He then said something pretty funny to me as he was looking at it and let me preface this with he hates Trump. He said........"well that Lying Ted"

Comment

Second is the recent emails that are asking if you want to become a deputy delegate. Its the ones showing where you can get your name added to an ID card if you contribute. When you are getting negative media hits because you are playing the delegate battle I just don't see why you would want to do something like this.
            The report card e-mail didn't bother me. Kinda liked that one. The second one you speak of I agree was dumb. I remember opening it and thinking "oh know I can be a card carrying Cruz supporter (if I just give a little more) but what about all the other money I gave". That was a poor attempt at squeezing more money out of folks. That said it is the same tactic they all use. It's campaigning 101. I had to finally tell the RNC to stop e-mailing me and stop calling me cuz their values don't match mine anymore yet they still hit me up. I get it. Throw it all against the wall and see what sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
              The report card e-mail didn't bother me. Kinda liked that one. The second one you speak of I agree was dumb. I remember opening it and thinking "oh know I can be a card carrying Cruz supporter (if I just give a little more) but what about all the other money I gave". That was a poor attempt at squeezing more money out of folks. That said it is the same tactic they all use. It's campaigning 101. I had to finally tell the RNC to stop e-mailing me and stop calling me cuz their values don't match mine anymore yet they still hit me up. I get it. Throw it all against the wall and see what sticks.
              Thanks for the response.

I guess the report card email bothers me because it goes back to the Carson incidents. I don't Cruz personally had anything to do with those but his campaign did. It was not till sometime later that he fired one of his campaign managers over a facebook posting.

Carson did not feel Cruz personally was sincere in his apology and also he didn't think he took any action against those that were directly involved. I'm sure there is a lot we don't know.

BUT to turn around and send out a campaign email similar to the report card just was sort of insensitive to do even though it was later in the campaign. I just don't like some of Cruz's campaign tactics and he plays a democratic playbook sometimes that is very irritating to me personally.

For instance he made the comment that he would fire his campaign manager immediately if he did something wrong......when asked about Trump incident and the reporter. Yet earlier in his campaign he did not take the immediate action and it would have been the action that probably would have won Carson's support later. He did fire him over a minor face book re-posting but I suspect it had to do with the accumulation of incidents before that one. It was a little too late.

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that there are people who don't know how to unsubscribe from email marketing lists AND some of those people actually read the fundraising emails that hit their inboxes every day AND then they are offended that their marketing emails sound like marketing emails?

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I guess the report card email bothers me because it goes back to the Carson incidents. I don't Cruz personally had anything to do with those but his campaign did. It was not till sometime later that he fired one of his campaign managers over a facebook posting.

Carson did not feel Cruz personally was sincere in his apology and also he didn't think he took any action against those that were directly involved. I'm sure there is a lot we don't know.

BUT to turn around and send out a campaign email similar to the report card just was sort of insensitive to do even though it was later in the campaign. I just don't like some of Cruz's campaign tactics and he plays a democratic playbook sometimes that is very irritating to me personally.

For instance he made the comment that he would fire his campaign manager immediately if he did something wrong......when asked about Trump incident and the reporter. Yet earlier in his campaign he did not take the immediate action and it would have been the action that probably would have won Carson's support later. He did fire him over a minor face book re-posting but I suspect it had to do with the accumulation of incidents before that one. It was a little too late.
                  Just going to point out that the "report card" mailer in Iowa is a tried and true political campaign strategy, and it's done because it works. The Republican Party of Iowa did the exact same thing in the 2014 election to help get Joni Ernst elected as U.S. Senator there. And Marco Rubio's campaign did one in Iowa, too. And in Nevada. I know because a friend there told me he got one. And that was AFTER the big deal was made about the Cruz mailer in Iowa.

The Carson thing was so much nonsense. Cruz's team was relaying a story from CNN. Anyone who wants to get bent about it should get bent at CNN. By the way, it didn't get all the media coverage, but Rubio's camp was playing up the CNN story about Carson as well during the Caucuses. But like I said, it didn't get all the media coverage because he was the Chosen One at the time.

Regarding Cruz's e-mails: I have donated to Cruz 4 or 5 times now. He's using standard political fundraising strategy. I don't even open most of the fundraising e-mails from him, I just donate whenever I decide I want to. Doesn't bother me. Other candidates do the exact same thing.

Comment

Cruz is who I'm hoping gets the nod.

Comment

Here's what matters for his record the actual voting record. Still pretty good in my opinion https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-...35705/ted-cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                        Believe it or not, they usually wait until all the votes are counted before announcing results. It was 59-14, actually. And if it was a 3-man race in Texas as it was yesterday, Cruz would have gotten well north of 50% too.
                        Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                        Apples to Oranges. The primary voters are Republican. The approval ratings are for all voters.

Another little statistic. The breakdown of total voters in New York primaries: Republican--854,000, Democrat--1,800,000. So in the general election, Trump would still probably lose New York by a 2:1 margin. The idea that any Republican has a chance of winning New York is laughable.
                        Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        You're comparing national polls (even though your numbers are off) to a single state's voting. You don't really think the opinions of the voters of NY mirror the average across the nation, do you?
                        Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Good grief man, this was predicted all day...give it a rest. You do know that there were more candidates running in TX at the time, right??

What difference does it make for potus...you can have your beloved NY, it will be a blue state in the general & TX will go red regardless of Trump or Cruz.
                        New York values, baby. Did anybody expect anything other than this result in NY? I sure didn't. Yankee liberals being Yankee liberals.
                        Trump does better in a 10-person race. He doesn't do nearly as well in a 2-person race. Just the facts. You can spin it however you want and continue to hope, but a large majority of voters absolutely detest Donald Trump, wouldn't trust him at all, and wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. He's gonna lose, one way or another. Hopefully it'll happen in the primary/convention. That's the only way we have a prayer of beating Hillary in the general.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY"]Queen - We Are The Champions (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          "to clinch the nomination, trump needs to win just 55% of the remaining 899 delegates. Cruz needs 86% and kasich needs 121%..."

ok, i may have misspoke.
                          if trump wins california and the rest of the northeast states with at least 50% then he will be to 1,237

i was expecting a 45% 35% 25% split
                          but 65 20 15?
                          Even in his home state is a bit large

there are 182 winner-take-all delegates up for grabs within the next fourteen days.
                          If cruz wants it, he needs to come out with some of these 182.
                          If trump runs the table there, cruz is done

Comment

Working...
                          X