I’ve given up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve given up

Never in my life did I think a Republican controlled White House & Congress would be the actors of gun control......but here we are.

And for what, so folks too timid to protect themselves can wrap themselves in one more layer of security blanket.
    Last edited by Playa; 02-20-2018, 09:06 PM.

What are you referring to?

Comment

The deadly bump stock. Save the children!

You'd save more lives banning pork rinds. Those things will choke you to death if you don't have proper liquids standing by.

You'd be better off banning cell phones. No telling how many high schoolers those things have killed.

You'd be better off banning soft drinks. Diabetes kills more than a bump stock ever will.

Comment

You Got It !!!!!!!

Comment

This was already covered in the 1934 NFA act. The ATF ruled that these do not modify a firearm enough to classify it as a machine gun. No idea how he is going to pull this one off. 8 years of obama and trump has already proposed more bans. Thanks a lot Donny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            What are you referring to?
            Trump’s public support of banning bump stocks and other devices that make semi autos fire like fully auto, which I presume to be high capacity magazines. He also called for more thorough background checks, which presumably is mental health. I for one don’t think the gov’t has any ground to call anyone crazy. That’s pot calling the kettle black

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              The deadly bump stock. Save the children!

You'd save more lives banning pork rinds. Those things will choke you to death if you don't have proper liquids standing by.

You'd be better off banning cell phones. No telling how many high schoolers those things have killed.

You'd be better off banning soft drinks. Diabetes kills more than a bump stock ever will.
              100% truth^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Trump’s public support of banning bump stocks and other devices that make semi autos fire like fully auto, which I presume to be high capacity magazines. He also called for more thorough background checks, which presumably is mental health. I for one don’t think the gov’t has any ground to call anyone crazy. That’s pot calling the kettle black
                Legally nothing will come from this. Obama looked into this but it’s nothing he can change. He’s just placating people. But it sets a very weak precedent.

Comment

So a vast majority of TBHers have been pounding the table saying Trump has to stop ticking off the other side and work with them a little. And now he does this, which appears to appease them but doesn't appear to do anything that I can tell.

Why be upset?

Who cares about a bump stock? Sure it could lead to other bans, I get that. And if by meaning more background checks they mean to check police reports I have nothing against that.

Not that any of it will ever stop another shooting for one second.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Never in my life did I think a Republican controlled White House & Congress would be the actors of gun control......but here we are.

And for what, so folks too timid to protect themselves can wrap themselves in one more layer of security blanket.
                    For what it's worth DJT was a registered Democrat in NYC for 8 years in the early 2000s so to call it a Republican controlled White House is just what check mark he decided to put on the paperwork when running for POTUS. But I get your frustration.

Comment

I couldn't care less about bump stocks... as for background checks.... I've passed several in my lifetime and have no reason to fear another...

I do think that having passed such a test that I should be allowed to carry anywhere the public is welcome without restrictions.

Javi

As a note... many of the older folks in Texas voted democrat at some point in their lives..
                      Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 02-21-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Cruz 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                          For what it's worth DJT was a registered Democrat in NYC for 8 years in the early 2000s so to call it a Republican controlled White House is just what check mark he decided to put on the paperwork when running for POTUS. But I get your frustration.
                          This. He's not an ideological republican. He's an opportunistic republican. I do believe he's an unappologetically proud American and does want our country to once again be a world leader, both economically and morally. There are multiple things he's done that I like. But deep down, he's a guy who is going to do what is best for him with very little ideological depth to him.

And as far as the house and senate, didn't we already know that the guys running that were RINOs?

But yeah, I get the frustration too. I'm right there with you. Making inanimate objects the focus of this debate is moronic. We need to be focusing on the underlying issues that are the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                            This was already covered in the 1934 NFA act. The ATF ruled that these do not modify a firearm enough to classify it as a machine gun. No idea how he is going to pull this one off. 8 years of obama and trump has already proposed more bans. Thanks a lot Donny.

I’ll wait and see what actually gets passed before I condemn trump for anything. Trump hasn’t gotten on national TV and condemned millions of gun owners for owning ARs like every liberal politician in Washington is doing right now, And I will be assured that whatever he DOES do, it will be less that anything Clinton would have done had she won. She campaigned on destroying the NRA and banning all ARs then said she would continue to handguns. Just like the democrats are doing RIGHT NOW. I have no doubt she would have followed that course.
                            Bump stocks...serve no purpose for hunting or self defense. They are completely unreliable, not to trust your life with at all. The way they work makes the platform inaccurate for hitting a target smaller than a barn, and they cost more than a good silencer. I don’t want one. If you want one, I suggest you hurry and get one. They are a gimmick I will gladly trade to keep something I DO like.
                            Background checks? Bring it. It’s nothing new. We are giving up NOTHING as a gun owner by having background checks. What gun owner here thinks a background check is a bad thing? Is so, why? I’ve bought over a hundred guns in my life. Not once has a background check stopped me from doing so.
                            If Trump can take these scrapes and feed them to liberal chickens and keep them from winning the midterms, then have the clout to appoint a couple more conservative judges to the scotus, that will do more for me and my grandkids gun ownership than any bump stock or background check ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
                              This. He's not an ideological republican. He's an opportunistic republican. I do believe he's an unappologetically proud American and does want our country to once again be a world leader, both economically and morally. There are multiple things he's done that I like. But deep down, he's a guy who is going to do what is best for him with very little ideological depth to him.

And as far as the house and senate, didn't we already know that the guys running that were RINOs?

But yeah, I get the frustration too. I'm right there with you. Making inanimate objects the focus of this debate is moronic. We need to be focusing on the underlying issues that are the cause.
                              REally thoughtful post. Is what it is!!!
                              Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                              I’ll wait and see what actually gets passed before I condemn trump for anything. Trump hasn’t gotten on national TV and condemned millions of gun owners for owning ARs like every liberal politician in Washington is doing right now, And I will be assured that whatever he DOES do, it will be less that anything Clinton would have done had she won. She campaigned on destroying the NRA and banning all ARs then said she would continue to handguns. Just like the democrats are doing RIGHT NOW. I have no doubt she would have followed that course.
                              Bump stocks...serve no purpose for hunting or self defense. They are completely unreliable, not to trust your life with at all. The way they work makes the platform inaccurate for hitting a target smaller than a barn, and they cost more than a good silencer. I don’t want one. If you want one, I suggest you hurry and get one. They are a gimmick I will gladly trade to keep something I DO like.
                              Background checks? Bring it. It’s nothing new. We are giving up NOTHING as a gun owner by having background checks. What gun owner here thinks a background check is a bad thing? Is so, why? I’ve bought over a hundred guns in my life. Not once has a background check stopped me from doing so.
                              If Trump can take these scrapes and feed them to liberal chickens and keep them from winning the midterms, then have the clout to appoint a couple more conservative judges to the scotus, that will do more for me and my grandkids gun ownership than any bump stock or background check ever will.
                              As been expressed on TBH a zillion times over the years. 2nd Amendment states I have the right with no restrictions. Nothing says I have to do a background check in that document.......just repeating the original mantra!
                              Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                              Gonna be interesting and worth watching for sure!
                              Yep, a whole NEW can of worms!

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                              Yep.......definitely a tenious position that most wont accept. Frustration is understood here also.
                              Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Cruz 2020!
                              I definitely pulled for him. He let DJT steam roll him verbally.......and his WIFE! Just spineless at best, or the payoff was worth it!!!
                              Last edited by Landrover; 02-22-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X