No announcement yet.

My new Grayson Co property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like you have a nice place and are making the right improvements!

Comment

Starting to shape up nicely.

Comment

Congrats! Place is looking nice as well as the animals.I spent some time on those back roads growing up. Parents still own a small spot of land in Cedar Bayou...which needs some cleaning up. If you can pm some contact info for contractors I would appreciate it! I am managing their properties as they are getting up in age.

Comment

Wanted to share a little progress with you guys. Been busy working on the cabin. I really like how it's taking shape for a shell building. I added a full length patio and cover. I built as a free standing structure with runners. No where does it fasten to the building. This way I can have it moved just as easily as the building of need be.

Also got the entrance painted and now thinking on the sign. Leaning towards burning the name into some old lumber and hang it up. I asked for 2 flag poles from wife next time she wanted to get me a gift.

Then framed out the restroom and MEP closet. Now I am doing a mock set up of the fixtures and gear. I know it's not great idea to mix water and electricity in same closet but I'm limited on space.

I went with a LPG battery fired on demand hot water heater. Actually doesn't require venting. We will see how it does.

Went with a 200A 2 panel solar system with 1500W inverter. Plan is everything solar except for AC on generator for now.

Typical RV water pump, tank, and filter. Plan is water tote for now and a aerobic septic installed.

So pretty much off grid for now.

Sean
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome place man. Love this kind of thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That cabin is awesome. Nice job!

Comment

Looks awesome Sean

Comment

That is looking Great! Congrats!

Comment

Great looking

Comment

Congratulations and in for the ride.

Comment

Man I really like that. Great job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking great, congrats!

Comment

Looking great, Sean!

Comment

Looking good! You planted turnips for spring/summer plot? Deer probably won't utilize them as much as they need a freeze to draw the sugars out of the root system to make the foliage more palatable.

Comment

This is coming along great, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X