Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I was trying to make the same decision in December. I was only considering a Tundra or the F150 though as I have had horrible experiences with Dodge and Chevy. I ended up choosing a Platinum F150 FX4 Crew Cab with the 3.5 Ecoboost (375 HP & 470 Torque) and the 38 gallon fuel tank. I drive a minimum of 110 miles per day and sometimes much more so the Tundra's gas mileage would have made a big difference in fuel cost. I've already put 7800 miles on my truck since early December. Right now I average about 18mpg with a mix of city and highway, driving 80-85 when on the highway. I'm sure it would do better if I would keep my foot out of it. It would have been maybe 13mpg with the Tundra in the same scenario. The next factor was how dated the Tundra has become. They are in major need of updates to keep up with the other manufacturers. I am a huge Toyota fan but I felt they were behind Ford in interior amenities, comfort, technology, etc. When your in a truck as much as me everyday, it makes a difference. They are due to release the new Tundra next year but I didn't want to wait. The decked out Tundra is cheaper than a decked out F150, but at the end of the day, I just liked the Ford better. That may change next time after the new Tundra's are released.
    This is what makes the decision to get a Tundra so difficult. It's a great truck, no doubt, but it's outdated and gets horrible gas mileage. It's also the last year for the current design. When they start selling the new design next year, it will be really outdated.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      This is what makes the decision to get a Tundra so difficult. It's a great truck, no doubt, but it's outdated and gets horrible gas mileage. It's also the last year for the current design. When they start selling the new design next year, it will be really outdated.

Yah that was my exact thoughts when I was trying to decide. They are great trucks but those two things mattered to me.

Comment

I have an f350, my son has a tundra, my sister has ( had) a Chevy and a very good friend of ours has a dodge. I would take my sons truck over the others, without question.

Comment

If you’re driving a truck around like a car / not hauling any payload, I don’t think it matters
          Toyota gets terrible mpg and the trd drags the bumper with a trailer
          My 2014 Silverado is hit or miss on mpg anywhere from 12 -18 with no load
          Ford ego boost is about the same

I am thinking about just buying a f150 with a baseline V6 3.3 for every day use and keep the Chevy when I need some payload moved

Comment

Not much has been mentioned one way or another about the Dodge Ram, but I was recently made aware of a critical design flaw or quality issue that I had not heard about on the news or read about in any auto trade magazines.

Apparently, according to my daughter and her friends, it is a widely held tenet among young women under 30 that men who drive Rams generally possess overly large “attitudes,” as she put it, that compensate for other overly small or deficient...um, physical attributes.

As for me, I couldn’t say. Just thought I’d share, for whatever it’s worth to you.

Comment

I just got the Expedition Max with the eco boost and have fallen in love with it. Used to be a GMC guy, but heard good things, and wanted to give it a try. Has been well worth it in the short time I've had it.

I have mine for a lot of highway driving though.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                I have been driving Fords for quite a while. All company trucks withe the 5.0 and i got 16-18 mpg combined. That was 2008-2015. Put multiple trucks to 180,000 miles before swapping and little to no repairs. 99% just routine maintenance.

I have heard a ton about Tundra’s durability and their following. However, knowing fuel will get more and more costly with crazy joe in the WH, i would stay away from the Tundra and go with the more improved Ecoboost. What bugs were there at inception have been fixed.

Can’t say much for Chevy. Never owned one, mostly because their interiors were ugly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                And those Ford engines are about used up at 180,000 miles. As expensive as trucks cost now, if he plans on keeping his truck for 10 years, you think 180,000 miles will get him 10 years. Get a Tundra.

Comment

Just a little PSA. I was getting 13.6MPG on my Tundra. Switched the air filter to a WIX and went back up to 14.8. Still not good but anything helps....lol

Comment

Bottom line if you want a REAL TRUCK, the trade off is, your not going to have the MPG of a Prius. Just look around and see how many 2000-2010 tundra's are still on the road vs all the other manufacturer's in the same year models. That should help you make your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      If you’re driving a truck around like a car / not hauling any payload, I don’t think it matters
                      Toyota gets terrible mpg and the trd drags the bumper with a trailer
                      My 2014 Silverado is hit or miss on mpg anywhere from 12 -18 with no load
                      Ford ego boost is about the same

I am thinking about just buying a f150 with a baseline V6 3.3 for every day use and keep the Chevy when I need some payload moved
                      If you're just driving a truck around like a car........buy a car. You'll save a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post

Dependability, comfort and proven mattered to me. So did the size of the front seat area for a big guy. I'm too **** old to care what folks think about my truck's "date". I just wanted new, dependable and proven. I went with the Tundra after driving all three mostly due to the comfort in the front seat and dependability Toyota is famous for. When I hit a deer and my truck went in the shop, I was put in a F150 platinum. I was glad to get back into my Tundra after 2 weeks.....that's all I'm gonna say about that.. That being said everybody is different. Drive them all..buy what you like.

Comment

Have a 2020 Silverado with the 3.0 duramax. I'm very happy with it.

Had a tundra but wrecked it last year. Loved the truck and would have looked at them again but I know drive 80miles a day when I need to go to the office vs the 15 before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            I was trying to make the same decision in December. I was only considering a Tundra or the F150 though as I have had horrible experiences with Dodge and Chevy. I ended up choosing a Platinum F150 FX4 Crew Cab with the 3.5 Ecoboost (375 HP & 470 Torque) and the 38 gallon fuel tank. I drive a minimum of 110 miles per day and sometimes much more so the Tundra's gas mileage would have made a big difference in fuel cost. I've already put 7800 miles on my truck since early December. Right now I average about 18mpg with a mix of city and highway, driving 80-85 when on the highway. I'm sure it would do better if I would keep my foot out of it. It would have been maybe 13mpg with the Tundra in the same scenario. The next factor was how dated the Tundra has become. They are in major need of updates to keep up with the other manufacturers. I am a huge Toyota fan but I felt they were behind Ford in interior amenities, comfort, technology, etc. When your in a truck as much as me everyday, it makes a difference. They are due to release the new Tundra next year but I didn't want to wait. The decked out Tundra is cheaper than a decked out F150, but at the end of the day, I just liked the Ford better. That may change next time after the new Tundra's are released.
                            So you bought a top of the line loaded platinum truck for yourself but you wont spend on health insurance to cover your children? You owe it to your kids and could afford insurance if you would choose cloth over leather and all the bells and whistles. Mind boggling

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              So you bought a top of the line loaded platinum truck for yourself but you wont spend on health insurance to cover your children? You owe it to your kids and could afford insurance if you would choose cloth over leather and all the bells and whistles. Mind boggling
                              Man how about you mind your own business. My family and my finances are none of your concern. The fact that you think you need to tell another man something like this is what is mind boggling.

Comment

No problems with my 2015 f150 3.5 ecoboost and I would buy it again. I currently have 150k miles on it. No major issues and plan to keep for several more years. I drive in Houston so a lot of stop and go traffic and I drive as fast as I can get away with. Average about 17 mpg

The interior of the Ford I don't think can be beat. It sure is fun putting it in Turbo....

Comment

Working...
                                X