Target Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Say, could a fellow just take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with this stuff as a D-I-Y target from the get go? Grease the sides of the bucket real good, fill it up, slide the foam out, and have an instant target?

If you do this, make sure to use the lowest expansion foam you can find. Then fill the bucket in small layers, and let each layer completely dry before adding an additional layer.

If you just fill it up, there is a good chance that the middle will never dry correctly.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rick: you wrote that you spray with a rubberized spray sealer. Do you get that at dollar general also and can you paint over it?

I have a 24 3 d target course set up on my hunting land and have repaired many of the targets. Some of the targets were a gift and had some bird holes in them. The bird made some pretty large holes so what I did was take a rag, got it wet and then dripped Gorilla glue on them and then stuff the rags into the holes. The glue expands somewhat when it dry's. That filled the holes and made it hard for the birds to come back to them. I also Gorilla glue all my targets together and then use a ratchet strap to hold them tight until the glue sets up. I bought a gallon of flat black and a gallon of flat brown exterior house paint to paint the targets but would like to use the rubber sealer first if paint will bond to it.

Comment

Working...
      X