Carpet target? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet target? :D

My boss made a similar set-up about a year ago, and we haven't shot the daylights out of it, but it has had some use and still just like new, sorta... Point is I am tired of having foam everywhere. If I shoot like I really want I can go through a rhineheart in approx. 4 months. Lots of cans of foam can end up being costly as well, so here is the new trial.
    materials: 36" X 36" carpet tiles Scrap lumber (plywood and 2X4, 2X6, ect)
    -make one side, lay carpet tiles, set other side and compress with bar clamps. I ended up backing off my original squeeze. My bow was getting less then 3" of penetration at 20'. If I make another one, I will cut the carpet tiles in half and double the stack so that I can pin up full sized paper targets. I believe that 18" depth is still more than sufficient. If this ends up not working I will seek out and update the thread.
    Attached Files

What are you using for a backstop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stall mat that we had in our horse trailer. Tractor supply sales them, I built a frame slightly larger then the mat and hung it on one side. Like a really heavy drop curtain.

Comment

That's what I thought. I've been kicking around building something similar. How does it work with the occasional miss?

Comment

It really does work well, and if you start shooting from random distances and angles, it pays for itself quick. The only issue I had was when I started shooting a lot of swinging targets and LOTS of misses, some started going through as I had continuously hit the same spot.

Comment

It sounds like it is about time to upgrade. I currently have a sheet of OSB board up. It was free though and has served its purpose.

Comment

Working...
            X