Question for Drillers or in the Know!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Drillers or in the Know!

I just found out thru my neighbor that a well will be drilled on their place. They already surveyed it off and have it flagged off. They are putting it right behind my house, and I mean right behind it.
    So, how many feet must a drilling rig be away from a residence?
    Also, me and 3 more families live up this private road. I'm pretty sure they are planning on using this road.
    Anyway to make them use another way?

Do you own any of the mineral rights to your place?

Comment

That's a landman question. Generally it's 200 feet on a basic producers 88 lease form. Depends what the effective lease provisions state. PM me your legal and I'll try to find lease.

Comment

Who is drilling a well in Franklin? And where at?

Comment

If it's not on your land you can't exactly say what road they can use.

Comment

I believe it's 100ft. But don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              Don't know yet. Just south of town off Henry Prairie Rd.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              If it's not on your land you can't exactly say what road they can use.
              Just watch me!!!
              This is a private road. Everybody that lives down this road has a say. Besides, our water lines and phone lines are down this road. They will have to re-route every line in order to use this road. Right now, I'm not real keen on where they are wanting to put it. Out of this 50 acre pasture, they want to put it right behind my house. If they move it to the other side of this pasture, then they could use this other road and not affect ANYBODY!!!

Comment

I understand your frustration. But do you own any of it? What does the owner of the road and that pasture say? Why will they have to reroute all that if they use that road?

Comment

Hate to tell you this but if your not a royalty owner they don't care how much or loud you scream, holler, cry, or blow snot bubbles, they'll move right in and commence drilling. They are responsible for protecting/restoring any utilities service.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    Don't know yet. Just south of town off Henry Prairie Rd.

Just watch me!!!
                    This is a private road. Everybody that lives down this road has a say. Besides, our water lines and phone lines are down this road. They will have to re-route every line in order to use this road. Right now, I'm not real keen on where they are wanting to put it. Out of this 50 acre pasture, they want to put it right behind my house. If they move it to the other side of this pasture, then they could use this other road and not affect ANYBODY!!!

Water lines?
                    200 feet behind your house???
                    Call the EPA!

Well, Trump drained the EPA swamp so as long as that well is 201 feet away from your house and not touching your water lines (which the o+g company can prove via their engineers research) you don't have a say so.

It's all for the greater good.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I understand your frustration. But do you own any of it? What does the owner of the road and that pasture say? Why will they have to reroute all that if they use that road?
                      Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      Hate to tell you this but if your not a royalty owner they don't care how much or loud you scream, holler, cry, or blow snot bubbles, they'll move right in and commence drilling. They are responsible for protecting/restoring any utilities service.

With a gutted EPA he's SOL

There is no global warming and we don't need so much red tape to get a simple well dug to access our minerals.

Comment

Good article on surface owner rights or lack thereof.

**This article is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.** As the oil and gas boom continues across Texas, many surface owners are surprised at the rights that mineral lessees (usually oil or gas companies) have to use the surface of the land without any input, consent, or permission of the surface owner.  It is critical for all landowners, but in particular for those surface owners who do not own the mineral rights underlying their property, to understand the implied rights of mineral lessees.  (For purposes of simplicity and... Read More →

"Mineral Lessee’s Implied Right to Use the Surface Estate

When an oil or gas company leases the mineral rights from a mineral owner, that company essentially stands in the shoes of the mineral owner. Thus, it has the right to use the surface estate. Under Texas law, this right allows that oil company to use as much of the surface estate as is “reasonably necessary” for mineral exploration and production. This right is implied in the mineral lease and requires no permission or consent from the surface owner.

What constitutes “reasonably necessary” uses? Some examples include entering the property, building roads, using caliche found on the leased property, installing pipelines to transport products from the lease, storing of equipment, and injecting saltwater in disposal wells. Further, absent contractual provisions to the contrary, an oil company can select the locations of wells and pipelines to be place on the property without input from the surface owner."

Here's a link to Texas Land and Mineral Association resource articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          Good article on surface owner rights or lack thereof.

**This article is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.** As the oil and gas boom continues across Texas, many surface owners are surprised at the rights that mineral lessees (usually oil or gas companies) have to use the surface of the land without any input, consent, or permission of the surface owner.  It is critical for all landowners, but in particular for those surface owners who do not own the mineral rights underlying their property, to understand the implied rights of mineral lessees.  (For purposes of simplicity and... Read More →

"Mineral Lessee’s Implied Right to Use the Surface Estate

When an oil or gas company leases the mineral rights from a mineral owner, that company essentially stands in the shoes of the mineral owner. Thus, it has the right to use the surface estate. Under Texas law, this right allows that oil company to use as much of the surface estate as is “reasonably necessary” for mineral exploration and production. This right is implied in the mineral lease and requires no permission or consent from the surface owner.

What constitutes “reasonably necessary” uses? Some examples include entering the property, building roads, using caliche found on the leased property, installing pipelines to transport products from the lease, storing of equipment, and injecting saltwater in disposal wells. Further, absent contractual provisions to the contrary, an oil company can select the locations of wells and pipelines to be place on the property without input from the surface owner."

Here's a link to Texas Land and Mineral Association resource articles.

http://tlma.org/content.aspx?page_id...dule_id=201920

Bigger push for state's rights.
                          So the Fed EPA in DC can't push us around and prevent us from getting our minerals.

If this isn't one of the biggest reasons why we need a federal governing body over stuff like this I don't know what is.

We need a federal governing body over toll roads too because HCTRA and Linebarger are running a RACKET i tell ya!!!!

Comment

You're in a bad spot figuratively and literally. The language requiring offset won't do you much good since the mineral owner can waive it. You could sue the mineral owner to prevent that if the language is there. Could also see if was a rule 37 hearing for lease line spacing exemption but that only matters if the minerals under your property are on a separate lease and not pooled with the neighboring tract. As for the private road, good luck. There are so many nuances that will determine if you can stop them from using it or if they are allowed to use it.

Are you in city limits? If so the drill site is required to be 200' away under municipality code.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Hawkwood bought out EOGs assets in the area about this time last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X