Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    Saltwaterslick
    I noticed in one of your previous threads you were showing your prime ark 45 thornless black berries. Do you have a pic of your set up. That's on my to do list sometime in the future when I get around to my garden set up. Where did you get your vines/bushes? Thanks
    Man, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this! I did make one error in that berry post. they are Prime Ark Freedom thornless blackberries. We got the plants from a couple different places, but now only get them from Stark Brothers:

Harvest berries with ease from thornless, upright canes. Primocanes fruit first, followed by a second crop on older canes. Fruit is large, firm, and...

They are more expensive than others, but their plants are VERY healthy. I set my rows up like TexasPrepper2 demonstrated on his YouTube channel. do a search and you'll find him. May also find him under TP2 as that's what he goes by...

Here are a few pics... We just planted these last spring, and they started to produce last fall. We picked berries and made a cobbler for Thanksgiving dinner dessert!! These things are going crazy right now. My wife picked another 2 gallon ziploc bag this week! They are so sweet, we could probably do a cobbler without adding sugar at all, though I have been putting sugar in them... They are heavenly with a bowl of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla too!

As you can see in the pics, the berries are huge! The new canes that are putting out now are over 7-8 foot tall! We are gonna try to cut them back so they'll branch out with laterals and root the cuttings. Wife just ordered enough to put in 2 more rows from Stark too. That little patch we have them in is about a 1/2 acre and she wants to put in enough rows of berries to cover that area...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7296.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	24539287

Name:	IMG_7401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	24539288

Name:	IMG_7402.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	24539289

Name:	IMG_7404.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	24539290

Comment

Oh yea, my wife FINALLY got everything planted this week (third planting for some stuff!) I've got to break her up another small spot to put her corn in, but that'll be done by Saturday... Needless to say, the rain has caused her to have a LATE garden this year!! Now I'm putting out sprinklers... go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
        Looking good mike

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Thanks Gabe...before too long I will have tomatoes growing out of my ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Thanks Gabe...before too long I will have tomatoes growing out of my ears

Oh yeah also I bought your 30 carbine from my buddy a couple months back

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Man, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this! I did make one error in that berry post. they are Prime Ark Freedom thornless blackberries. We got the plants from a couple different places, but now only get them from Stark Brothers:

Harvest berries with ease from thornless, upright canes. Primocanes fruit first, followed by a second crop on older canes. Fruit is large, firm, and...

They are more expensive than others, but their plants are VERY healthy. I set my rows up like TexasPrepper2 demonstrated on his YouTube channel. do a search and you'll find him. May also find him under TP2 as that's what he goes by...

Here are a few pics... We just planted these last spring, and they started to produce last fall. We picked berries and made a cobbler for Thanksgiving dinner dessert!! These things are going crazy right now. My wife picked another 2 gallon ziploc bag this week! They are so sweet, we could probably do a cobbler without adding sugar at all, though I have been putting sugar in them... They are heavenly with a bowl of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla too!

As you can see in the pics, the berries are huge! The new canes that are putting out now are over 7-8 foot tall! We are gonna try to cut them back so they'll branch out with laterals and root the cuttings. Wife just ordered enough to put in 2 more rows from Stark too. That little patch we have them in is about a 1/2 acre and she wants to put in enough rows of berries to cover that area...

[ATTACH]907756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907759[/ATTACH]
            Thanks for the information on the berries. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
              Oh yeah also I bought your 30 carbine from my buddy a couple months back

Sweetness! If you ever decide to part with it, let me know if you would [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                Thanks for the information on the berries. I really appreciate it.
                Thanks for the info on the blackberries. Your garden looks awesome. I just put a order in to Starks!

Comment

Hogs treated my place like Golden Corral so I'm out.
                  Replanted pumpkins and some G90 corn day before mother's day to try and get back in the saddle

Comment

Well, I guess better late than never... As of Monday afternoon, the garden is at least planted... Third attempt for a lot of it and some of it like the corn, it is the first planting because of all the early rains... now we're having to water... Hope to get to harvest before the summer burns it up... Got Purple hull peas, corn, 2 varieties of squash, zucchini, cukes, maters, egg plants, 3 varieties of peppers, okra, turnip greens, and I think even a row or 2 of butterbeans...

Name:	IMG_7431.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	24539478

Name:	IMG_7433.jpg
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	24539479

Name:	IMG_7434.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	24539480

Name:	IMG_7430.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	24539481

Comment

Pulled my first bells, japs, okra, and banana peppers yesterday. Tomatoes are going nuts. Should have a few turn in the next week or so. Had to replant cukes due to late freeze so they will be a bit but plants are starting to vine. Hopefully we get a little rain here up here in the near future. It's been a DRY spring for me thus far. Everyone's gardens look great!

Comment

Looks like I’m going to have a few blackberries

Comment

I still don’t have a bloom a one on my berries...

Comment

I think the weather up here is going to stunt my last brussel plant, it is going strong but the warm nights it may not finish out.

The only good thing about the birds raiding me last year is I have 4 giant tomato plants that grew from some of the seeds they dropped after eating my crop. They're going great and in a couple weeks I'm going to have a ton of beautiful black krim and in about a month some Cherokee purple (I'm guess based on area of the bed they're in and what was planted last year.

Cantaloupe and strawberries that came from the compost are doing good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                              Looks like I’m going to have a few blackberries

Yessir, I'd say so!! What variety are those? Our Prime Ark Freedom berries are goin' nuts right now. New growth for this fall and next spring is nutz!! I've got to get out and prune them. Some of the canes are over 8 feet tall... Wife picked another 2 gallons yesterday and they're still blooming, lots of green 'uns and red 'uns too... gonna be ready to pick again come Saturday...

AND she ordered 24 more plants!!!

Comment

Have pulled 2 zucchini and 1 squash so far. Corn is growing like crazy, okra plants are not growing but they are starting to produce. Lost 1 potato plant to something. Bell peppers, watermelon and strawberry plants are finally starting to grow.

Comment

Working...
                                X