Savage Axis XP $199 after rebates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Axis XP $199 after rebates

Savage Axis XP (includes scope but no Accutrigger) are on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods. $199 after rebates ($50 Dicks rebate and $50 Savage rebate. They are selling adult and youth size for that price.

Saw one at Academy for $249 before the rebate. Great deal for someone that needs a decent rifle.

Comment

What calibers do they offer

Comment

I bought the 243 and it seems to be a good gun. Couple of years ago I bought the 22-250 in the axis and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with it. Seriously you couldnt get a group better then 12-14'' with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post
          What calibers do they offer
          Assorted calibers. I've seen different calibers in stock or out of stock at different stores. 22-250, 243, 270, 308, 30-06 seem typical though.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrant View Post
            I bought the 243 and it seems to be a good gun. Couple of years ago I bought the 22-250 in the axis and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with it. Seriously you couldnt get a group better then 12-14'' with it.
            I have the 22-250 and it was a tack driver out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
              I have the 22-250 and it was a tack driver out of the box.
              good -I bought one this morning

Comment

I'll be getting the .22-250 for one of my sons today....thanks for posting

Comment

I had the 22-250 and it shot great. Just had a cheap Simmons on it and shot dang good

Comment

I bought the Remington 783 in .243 for the same price at Academy today. For the money, it will be a truck/utv gun. One thing I noticed was the barrel was horribly dirty. Took it home and properly cleaned it. If your barrels are as dirty as mine, it could explain eratic rounds. I bought the youth/compact for my wife and daughter and for ease of carrying and maneuverability.

Comment

got the 22-250 also, tack driver

Comment

Got the 243 and it stacks them at 100yards!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                          Saw one at Academy for $249 before the rebate. Great deal for someone that needs a decent rifle.
                          Limbwalker's right it's $249 at acedemy but it doesn't include a scope.
                          Savage is also offering the same $50 rebate.

If you can't find a rifle in your caliber there. Check out both stores.

Comment

Working...
                          X