No announcement yet.

If you have Directv read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try with someone else. You can also ask for a supervisor.... you’ll get someone else, just not sure if it’s a supervisor or not.

Comment

Yea I’ve had the same problem this week. They were a no go on a big discount. I went from paying $18 a month to $147 back down to $87. They weren’t giving me more.

Comment

Yep, I tried calling and the first person offered about $30 off. I told them to put me through to the loyalty department. They said the best they can do is $20 off. I laughed and told them the last person said they could do $30. I told them I would be calling back to cancel later.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
          Bringing this thread back up. My $70 discount is on month 12 of 12. Expires 9/02/19. I have called once and they offered me a $5 discount off my bill while trying to get me to change from the xtra package. Told them I wanted to cancel at the end of my billing cycle.

Got on the online chat today and they asked if the loyalty department could call me. I pretty much told them I would stay if they would honor the $70 discount for another year. They only offered $10 a month off my bill and once again were trying to get me to change to a lower package and add the channels I wanted (which I am not interested in doing).

I have always had success going this route even though it’s a hassle doing this once a year. I have even got the Sunday Ticket for free most years going this route but it seems they have their heels dug in this time and don’t care if they lose my business. Been with ATT as long as I can remember and directv since 2010.

Anyone else in the same boat recently or have any suggestions?
          Was in that boat 1 year ago. Ended up cancelling when thwy wouldn't do better than the $10/month. Couldnt be happier with Hulu Live...

Comment

So I just read thru the last few pages of this thread and am wondering if I should let my contract expire first on 9/2 THEN ask for the same discount? Is that how this works? Seems like people who are being proactive and calling before their discount expires aren’t as successful as the people who wait till later.

Comment

Apparently the days of $50+ a month off are coming to an end. My deal expired bill jumped $60 said I was going to cancel let me talk to loyalty etc, best they could do was $15 off my bill so I am canceling at the end of the month. Over 300k people have cut the cord and they have given up on cutting the cost to keep people.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Been with them a long time, as well as AT&T cells. Checked with Dish and the killer was that my "local" station had to be Waco. WTH? Wasn't going to save that much either.

I'm going to check out HULU and others very soon but only have DSL for internet, so that may limit my choices more. If it weren't for the wife's shows, I'd have cut back on a bunch of crap.

Comment

Yep, and I found out last Thursday that AT&T Uverse has quit carrying NFLHD and Redzone channels. They did not inform anyone, and they sure as heck did not reduce my monthly charge. Spectrum is the only other good option in our area, but they are worse than AT&T!!

(

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                      Been with them a long time, as well as AT&T cells. Checked with Dish and the killer was that my "local" station had to be Waco. WTH? Wasn't going to save that much either.

I'm going to check out HULU and others very soon but only have DSL for internet, so that may limit my choices more. If it weren't for the wife's shows, I'd have cut back on a bunch of crap.
                      Been looking into Hulu + Live for $45 a month.... sounds great...
                      Just need faster internet in my area to make it work..

Direct TV has been slowing getting worse and worse.....

Comment

Working...
                      X