At the gun range today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the gun range today...

So has anybody else realized that they may have been shooting a bow too long when you go to the range to sight in your rifle and realize that you have to remind yourself of your key fundamentals and that they just don't come natural like they used to? Is it just me or has this happened to y'all also?

Went and checked my little boys 243 the other morning before youth weekend and I was plum ashamed of how poorly I shot. Without a doubt I can't shoot groups like I used to when I shot a lot. Very frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
      So has anybody else realized that they may have been shooting a bow too long when you go to the range to sight in your rifle and realize that you have to remind yourself of your key fundamentals and that they just don't come natural like they used to? Is it just me or has this happened to y'all also?
      It is just you.

Comment

Yeah you should see what happens when your wife says "honey I want to hunt tonight" lmao. Ok. Well you haven't shot you rifle in 11 months...lets go to the north 40 and see how well you can shoot. [emoji102]

Comment

Happens to me. I can only be found at the gun range during gun deer season. And even though I grew up around guns and was paid to use them for a while, I still have to catch myself from time to time. In a way, it was kinda nice having a range master and FI standing right there for so many years. Just did what I was told. LOL.

Comment

Cool. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, lol! I grew up shooting guns, in the USMC I shot A LOT of guns but ever since I picked up a bow I can probably count on one hand how many time I've shot a rifle over the years..

Comment

What is this "gun" you speak of?

Took the wife a few months back to teach her a little hand gun skills. I learned I'll stick to teaching archery.

Comment

LOL. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'll admit that as soon as there was no range master behind me anymore, every one of my childhood bad habits came back, which is why I really like to be the only one at the gun range!

Comment

Yes lol I'm right there with you, pulled out my grandfathers old 30 06 for the first time in 5 years to make sure it was sighted in just in case I needed it this season and MAN I could tell I hadnt shot a deer rifle in a while......... fell back in pretty quick but those first couple shots had me almost laughing at myself.

Comment

Haven't had time to do anything today... Bought a new 9mm I need to shoot

Comment

My rifles have sat the safe for years. I pulled mine out last year. Let's just say I should stick to bow hunting.

Comment

Haven't shot my Walther in a few months. I don't even wanna think about how rusty I'll be.

Comment

Working...
                        X