North of Houston Trad Archers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North of Houston Trad Archers

Ever since I decided to pick up Trad shooting, I received a warm welcome from pretty much all over the state and definately a few from my "area." Alot of invites to do some shooting, etc.

So after making the long drive to Bastrop to meet up with some folks and give a go at 3D shooting scene, I decided that I needed to see what kinda fun could be had in my neck of the woods and really just meet some folks and play a round of "hit some foam."

So I did some research and found the Montgomery County Archery Club. Here is a link to the flyer:

The next shoot is May 24th which I know I will be able to make. (I definately won't make Chester due to a previous commitment.) I was thinking it might be fun to show up with a bunch of trad shooters have some fun. Maybe we can get together afterwards for lunch as well.

This isn't about competition, just a meetup where we can try and shoot somebody else's targets
    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM.

Might be able to make that one if I'm not moving about that time.
    Thanks for the heads up and I can't wait to shoot with some of you.

Comment

I could not get your link to open, so I found it and posted it again for you!

Also, I don't know how far Tomball is from Houston, but Buffalo Field Archery has monthly shoots, and Saltgrass and Banana Bend (I believe) are on the other side of H-town from you.
      Buffalo is hosting a TBoT shoot in June and Banana Bend is hosting a TBoT shoot in August (all trad shoots).
      Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bisch, somehow the link got cut into two lines. I just fixed it up top too.

Comment

I have been shooting Montgomery County, however it's normally a mixed group. I have been introducing newbies to 3-D and shooting with them. We normally have 5 or 6 trad shooters per event.

I don't know if I can shoot with the trad group, but would still like to meet you and lunch seems good.

Again you are welcome out my way to shoot ant time I am in town...closer than Bastrop.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
            I have been shooting Montgomery County, however it's normally a mixed group. I have been introducing newbies to 3-D and shooting with them. We normally have 5 or 6 trad shooters per event.

I don't know if I can shoot with the trad group, but would still like to meet you and lunch seems good.

Again you are welcome out my way to shoot ant time I am in town...closer than Bastrop.
            Yeah, but look who he got to meet and shoot with by driving to Bastrop!

Just sayin!

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 05-06-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post

Ah ha! I had checked the previous scores to see how many trad shooters typically show up, and I saw a couple of names, but you didn't sign up using your TBH handle

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                Ah ha! I had checked the previous scores to see how many trad shooters typically show up, and I saw a couple of names, but you didn't sign up using your TBH handle
                He is on there on both the 2014 shoots. He is using his everyday code name! I cannot type his code name but a hint is MJ!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Those guys at MCAC are great folks.. I use to shoot over there a bunch before I quit the circuit.

I haven't been since they moved though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    He is on there on both the 2014 shoots. He is using his everyday code name! I cannot type his code name but a hint is MJ!

Bisch
                    His everyday code name is in his profile. Once he posted, I check there first

Comment

LOL, I go by pretty much anything. If you want to find me at the smaller shoots start looking in about 3rd or 4th place. I spend a lot of time there. I am not quit as competitive as my friend Bisch

Comment

Glad ya'll brought this up, since my grandson lives in Houston now I was looking for shoots in the area that I can take him to.

Comment

My son and I shoot there, real nice folks.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the TBoT shoots, Bisch.

Comment

I'll definitely be there. I'll be the guy with the beard, TBH shirt, and a seriously confused look on his face.

Comment

Working...
                              X