Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to pay for trophy whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5k is my max

Comment

To each their own. Texas hunting is very competitive and mostly very expensive! Supply and demand is in effect. As for me I will only pay my hunting license and 48 dollar public land permit! I would rather take a small public deer than a huge private land monster!

Comment

I pay $1k to hunt Missouri, that's my max. Neither of my Texas leases cost that much.

Comment

0$ is my max. Actually it's below zero. I wouldn't shoot one if it was offered to me for free.

Comment

Did the OP specifically ask about release deer or did everyone go into rage mode when he said SCI? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              Did the OP specifically ask about release deer or did everyone go into rage mode when he said SCI? .

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

I did qualify my answer saying I was assuming such since he referenced SCI and he never corrected me if it wasnt. High fence is one thing but all that other stuff is just beyond me as a hunter. To each his own though. If it is legal and someone likes it, fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Trophy hunting is not the reason for the decline in hunter recruitment
                  Sorry Sika, but it has a huge impact on hunter recruitment. If you can't afford to obtain a lease then you will not be hunting or taking/introducing your children to hunting. Very few places out there that are not catering to the trophy hunter. I am lucky then I have a BIL that has land and let's me hunt otherwise my hunting would be over and I wouldn't have had an opportunity for my son to be introduced to the sport. When my nephews get married and have children then my hunting days will come to an end. It is what it is.

To answer the question, I wouldn't pay a dime extra for a 225 SCI buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    What ever I pay to hunt is my business. I reckon my mind aint big enough to understand why some one would care what I pay for anything.

I dont mean that in a bad way, but dang, y'all get worked up on this paid hunting stuff. Why? Who cares if I pay 10,000 for an elk hunt on public land ? Or pay 15,000 for a whitetail? I went Mountain lion hunting twice before I got one and paid for each hunt. I have seen some posts on TBH where guys pay 100.00 for a bottle of whisky, 20.00 for a cigar or 70,000 for a pick up truck. 2500.00 for a pair of binos or riflescope, 1000.00 for a new bow is common now.

Sooner or later the market will correct it self. Young uns nowadays aint got no interest in hunting cause they aint got no patience, they want something right now .

It isn’t worth fussing about unless the bone is showing or you ain’t got no feeling in it.
                    I disagree about "young uns". I've taken dozens of young and older people hunting and fishing for the first time, 100% of them loved it. What I see is a lot of us old guys that could expose young people to the outdoors but we're a whole lot more interested in ourselves and what we want to do, not the "young uns" fault.

OP, I have no interest in paying for a 200 inch deer, as others have said I'm more interested in shooting the best I can wherever I am.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      0$ is my max. Actually it's below zero. I wouldn't shoot one if it was offered to me for free.
                      Can you pencil me in for a hunt, I will bring my pistol.
                      Lol

Comment

1) Demand for leases is high, supply is limited. Thus, lease prices are high.
                        2) Lease prices reach a point where they are too expensive, Thus demand decreases.
                        3) Lease prices come back to earth. More people begin to lease. Cycle continues.

Same thing is happening with everything. Education, land prices, homes, cars, you name it. People keep finding ways to “finance” it, when they can’t afford it. That’s the real problem.

Comment

When I post my original question....it was a general one...not just in Texas but cross country. People just assumed Texas alone as hunting ground. And I wasn't talking about doing trophy hunts (remember SCI is a club), but can see how everyone thought process.
                          Just wanted to know if anyone willing to pay for deer in that class range, know some will and have. I wanted something for comparisons to lease property, doing high country hunts (can do 2-3, for that cost), better adventure. Meat/cost ratio is too much, but don't fault landowners for getting what they are given

My last statement was about our hunting numbers declining is fact.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

What a person does with their honest earned money is none of my business. I save my extra money to eat tag soup out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                              When I post my original question....it was a general one...not just in Texas but cross country. People just assumed Texas alone as hunting ground. And I wasn't talking about doing trophy hunts (remember SCI is a club), but can see how everyone thought process.
                              Just wanted to know if anyone willing to pay for deer in that class range, know some will and have. I wanted something for comparisons to lease property, doing high country hunts (can do 2-3, for that cost), better adventure. Meat/cost ratio is too much, but don't fault landowners for getting what they are given

My last statement was about our hunting numbers declining is fact.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How much people are willing to pay is a direct result of the circumstances of the hunt.

Without context of the hunt described... with just an SCI score, you are going to get wildly variable opinions based on completely different variables.

Some folks aren't going to pay a dime to kill a 225 regardless of circumstance.

More folks will pay X dollars to kill a low fence 225" deer than they will to kill a pen raised 225" deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X