God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dagdog View Post

The Bible clearly states that God is love and there is No Darkness in Him. Pure love. God does not will evil
    Herein lay the paradox for me.
    God loves me and created me in his image. I think the way I do and God created me to think this way. I struggle with the existence of God and the miraculous life of Jesus because of the way he created me to think. I will be punished to hell for being what God (that loves me) made me to be?

OP you're not alone in your struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
      Herein lay the paradox for me.
      God loves me and created me in his image. I think the way I do and God created me to think this way. I struggle with the existence of God and the miraculous life of Jesus because of the way he created me to think. I will be punished to hell for being what God (that loves me) made me to be?

OP you're not alone in your struggle.
      If I may, In Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of your MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God didn't create you this way nor did he anyone. Man lost relationship when adam and eve brought sin into the world. you and I have sin as well and this is what distances us from God and brought in these thoughts that we all have from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
        If I may, In Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of your MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God didn't create you this way nor did he anyone. Man lost relationship when adam and eve brought sin into the world. you and I have sin as well and this is what distances us from God and brought in these thoughts that we all have from time to time.
        You absolutely may and Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
          I should not have even commented. I should have just moved along on down the Green Screen and found a post about a snake or something other than this. This just isn't for me any longer. I do not believe whats written. I believe there are wise words of wisdom, not discounting that. The books were written by human beings "Inspired by God". I am not a follower, I don't go with the crowd because it is the safe thing to do. God gave me a brain and I would imagine would be disappointed if I didn't use it. I don't believe hell is a fiery place with a red scaled creature with a pitch fork and a bifurcated tail. Freaking hogwash!
          I'm with you brother! So what they are saying is... All the catholic priests that believe in god and rape innocent children are going to be let through the pearly gates but not you and I who are genuinely good people.

Now this is something I refuse to believe!

Comment

God

To the OP, Humans for many thousand years have had the mental capacity to ask themselves what is controlling the world around them, where did they come from and what happens after somebody dies. Look at the links in wikipedia under "belief in God" to get a sense of where our (at least my) belief in 1 God came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=mobrien;12659803]I think you stirred up some good points of conversation actually. I had an interesting conversation pertaining to your 1st question with a very religious co-worker and he had a point I hadn't heard of but don't really agree with. He said that all those before Jesus and who don't know the bible will be judged by the original commandments, and that those of us who believe in Jesus will have Him stand before us in our judgement and show that he paid the price for us.

That didn't really sit right with me though for those before Jesus, but also remember this: when Jesus was on the cross there were 2 other criminals there and they didn't believe he was the son of God but they knew he did not deserve the punishment he was given. Jesus said they would be in Heaven for that, this gives me hope that none of us know the real answer and that maybe there is more to it. I'm hardly well versed in the bible, but I am reminded every time I walk in the woods that I am not alone, that there is a presence that created this world and who has always been there with me- that is just my personal opinion and experience.[

“One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!” But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.” And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.””
              Luke 23:39-43 NLT
              Bring the beauty and truth of the Bible into everyday life. With the YouVersion Bible App, you can read, watch, listen, and share on your smartphone or tablet, and online at Bible.com.

Only one thief believed.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                I'll wait for clarification on the first question.
                Here's what I was taught concerning salvation or lost for those who didn't have the opportunity to be told of Jesus and His saving grace.

He's an all knowing God and knows the hearts of each of us and He knows what decision those people would have made, had they had the opportunity, concerning accepting Him or rejecting Him. Their salvation or not being saved will be based on that.

That's what I've been taught and what I believe. I'm sure there is room for plenty of discussion on that.

Personally I'm glad that Jesus is my judge, He loves me and wants me to be saved, just like He does each of you.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  I'm with you brother! So what they are saying is... All the catholic priests that believe in god and rape innocent children are going to be let through the pearly gates but not you and I who are genuinely good people.

Now this is something I refuse to believe!
                  Me too! But I don't think anyone has said that.

Luke 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God.

There is fruit that follows transformation as well as obedience. Raping young children is neither of those. I don't believe those people have a relationship with Christ, merely a knowledge. And they are referenced in the verse above.

Comment

You are saved through your faith and by his grace A person can't understand the word of GOD until you ask him into your heart ,Then the HOLY SPRIT will start to revel stuff to you as you grow and then the bible will make since to you. That's one of the purpose of the church is to take young Christians and teach them what the bible says.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Me too! But I don't think anyone has said that.

Luke 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God.

There is fruit that follows transformation as well as obedience. Raping young children is neither of those. I don't believe those people have a relationship with Christ, merely a knowledge. And they are referenced in the verse above.

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Let me tell you it was a joyous occasion to be witness to you and Seth being baptized in pool of the Pelican Bay Lodge!
                        Thank You Sir. That was January of 2012. Once we reached that point, it Got Real!! I went to school to study ministry. I became an Ordained Minister in 2015. Since then i have performed services at three funerals for children and as many weddings. I have been called upon to counsel folks with issues that range from death, to divorce to illness.

I am living a dream that I never realized I had. I started with the Blast and Cast Men's Ministry and has spilled over to the Painting Christ Christian Fellowship and The Christian Paintball Players Association. I am even recognized at my work place as a Mental Health Counselor.

People often ask me ...."WHEN DO YOU SLEEP"

Comment

Working...
                        X