What is it Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it Worth?

My brother is asking about buying my bow from me. I had thought I would just sell it to him bare but he's wanting it rigged out so he doesn't have to fool with it. What would you guys think is fair for both of us? I'll post specs and a pic below. Everything is in good shape with just minor marks. Strings are decent too.

-2015 Bowtech Experience
    -Spott Hogg Tommy Hogg Single Pin
    -QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    -BeeStinger with QD
    -New 7 arrow Tightspot Quiver
    -10 Easton Axis 340s
    Attached Files

650-700. IMO. Although might have to up it if that GoPro comes with it...

Comment

He's your brother - cut him a deal. You know the value to a family member.

Comment

I that is entitled to a "brother in law" deal. Tell him to give you a dollar for it and make sure he pays the gesture forward!

Comment

If my brother or cousin asked me for it , I would give it to them for free and just tell him to help out the next person

Comment

Either give it to him or dont but if you put a price on it,to your brother...you are looking at a situation that I'll guarantee will come back to bite you in the butt..if you sell to him and anything goes wrong.. in the next generation...then you as him a piece of junk..if you set a price on it.....he will see one cheaper..ergo you cheated him ...brother or not ,unless you can counter any bad vibes with......Well I GAVE it to you,what did you expect....best way in the world to destroy a relationship is to sell anything to a family member.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              He's your brother - cut him a deal. You know the value to a family member.
              Thats the reason I am asking you guys. I want to be fair. This is my older brother that makes more money then I do! I am not in a situation where I can just give him the bow. When I sell it I will be buying myself another.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                Thats the reason I am asking you guys. I want to be fair. This is my older brother that makes more money then I do! I am not in a situation where I can just give him the bow. When I sell it I will be buying myself another.
                Then cut him a little slack, say $50 or $100 off. Then everybody will be happy ! ( maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                  Will the seller of the bow you want offer a trade in'????if so,offer it to your brother for that amount less $ 50, or so...

Comment

Find similar bow for sale...add accessories cost appropriately. Itemize on paper with corresponding cost. Identify bottom dollar. Identify top dollar. Find your bottom dollar in the rig. Come to an agreement.

Good luck.

Comment

Free if you can afford it. If not $300 and let him know you're giving him the brother discount.

Comment

Well maybe we need to scratch that I asked it was for my brother, and I will adjust accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                          Either give it to him or dont but if you put a price on it,to your brother...you are looking at a situation that I'll guarantee will come back to bite you in the butt..if you sell to him and anything goes wrong.. in the next generation...then you as him a piece of junk..if you set a price on it.....he will see one cheaper..ergo you cheated him ...brother or not ,unless you can counter any bad vibes with......Well I GAVE it to you,what did you expect....best way in the world to destroy a relationship is to sell anything to a family member.
                          I guess we see things differently. We have sold different stuff to each other many times. It is not to turn a profit or anything just the stuff has value. If he was in a bind and needed a bow to hunt it would be one thing, but he is simply saying hey I want to buy your bow if you are going to sell it.

Comment

A family discount isn't the full asking price...unless some of y'all wanna adopt me, then I'll change my mind and accept adoption according to whoever has the nicest bows, rifles, shotguns, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              A family discount isn't the full asking price...unless some of y'all wanna adopt me, then I'll change my mind and accept adoption according to whoever has the nicest bows, rifles, shotguns, etc
                              I agree I will sell to him cheaper then I would sell to someone I do not know, but I cannot simply give it away! I would then be bowless!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X