Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn: Runners

What kind shoes are you wearing?

I need some new long distance running shoes. I could use your help and opinions about shoes!

Thanks

Falcone

I have always been a New Balance guy. But I recently went with Hoka. I'm here to tell you that I am sold. Its like running on clouds. My knee pain went away and I can go further without feeling the effects. They kinda look like an orthotic but go put some on and you will see that they are the most comfortable running shoe out there.

Comment

Asics Gels

Comment

I wore Asics for years and recently switched to Brooks. I don't think ill ever go back. Just go to a store that specializes in running shoes. They'll take measurements, ask you questions about their intended use, and recommend several brands/models... Even let you run around a bit.

Comment

Brooks - Adrenaline GTS
          I've been running in these for years at least one new pair a year. before that, Nike.
          My brother and sister both used to work for Fleet Feet in Houston. They convinced me to try them. These are good for the average distance guy. If you are really big or little you might need something else.

Comment

Had Brooks but ended up going back to New Balance. My foot requires a wide shoe and New Balance specializes in that.

I'd suggest going somewhere like Fleet Feet, get measured and they will help you pick out a pair that's right. All the name brands are good; it's really a matter of finding a shoe that fits your feet right.

Luke's Locker used to be a great place, but they shut down the Houston store and I heard they went bankrupt.

Comment

brooks glycerine, brooks ghosts
              Nike Pegasus
              I put close to 500 miles in my brooks ghost 8 (it was stretching it but I wanted to see how they held up)

Comment

I got some On Clounds the other day and I really like them.

Comment

Asics gel kayano

Comment

I love my Brook's Ghosts. On my 8th or 9th pair.
                    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Ford, Chevy, Dodge....same argument sort of. Like others have said, if you are serious then go where you can get fitted with the shoes that work for your feet and your stride. Many of the top running shoes today will work for the most part depending on the above. I have always run in Asics but that's just me. Just don't go cheap if you are serious about distance running. Also consider some kind of orthotics if you notice unusual wear on your shoes.

Comment

I love my New Balance Vazee Pace 2 running shoes. I have tried several other brands, but really love these. I got them half way through training for my last marathon, and they are super comfortable, and I really like the toe pitch. They are affordable too, and have held up nicely for me.

Comment

When I ran a lot I ran in Asics Nimbus and Mizuno Wave Riders. I have a neutral gate and even though I only walk now, I still use these shoes.

Usually you can find last year's models of these shoes on clearance for half of the MSRP. Running Warehouse and Holabird's are two of my favorite online running shoe stores.

Comment

Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, maybe Asics after that.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                              Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, maybe Asics after that.
                              I tried Brooks Adrenaline and went back to Asics Nimbus. Personal preferences.

Comment

Working...
                              X