What covers/bags do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What covers/bags do you use?

I just bought a 7d and I want to protect it. I am thinking of a silicone cover and some sort of bag. Maybe a neoprene bag/cover too! What do y'all use/recommend. Also, any LCD screen cover better than the others?

I have 2 lowepros one from a few years back and one I got around the first of the year. Not to happy with the new one it seems the quality has gone down.

Comment

Camera bags are like lenses, you can never have enough of them and there is not one that will fill every need. I probably have 7-8 different bags depending on what my photographic mission is on that particular day.
      I will say that my everyday go to bag that I can just grab and go, which will hold enough gear for most outings is the Lowepro Slingshot AW200.
      I have always been a Lowepro fan and have been using them since before some of the newer bags have hit the scene like Thinktank and Kata for example. I like the Thinktank bags a lot and if I was in the market for one today I would definitely look at them.
      For me, it is important to have a bag that is easy to carry and also easy to get into without having to lay it on the ground etc.
      One bag I like if I am just carrying my body and one lens is the Lowepro Top Load Zoom series. They make a harness for it that positions the bag on your front torso and you get into it from the top. It is great bag for walking around in the outdoors shooting wildlife etc.
      One backpack I have is the Lowepro Dryzone 200 and it is great for carrying a lot of gear and the inner bag is surrounded by a fully waterproof outer lining. It is great for extended outdoor shooting where weather such as dust, snow, rain etc. will be an issue. The downside is that it is more cumbersome to get into but when I am outdoors shooting wildlife, landscape etc. I am more willing to deal with that and protect my equipment.
      Good luck in your search. One thing I can tell you is that your first bag will not be your last!

Comment

First bag I got was the Tamrac 3385 that I use for traveling. I can fit a body, couple lenses, a flash & my camcorder along with my laptop. This bag is far from ideal for all occasions, but suits my needs when traveling. Like Wyo mentioned, you can never have enough of them!

Aside from this one I have two others I mainly use. I bought a Canon Rebel bag in a package deal that came with an extra battery and a few other things. That bag is kinda bulky and doesn't get much use other than moving my gear around when not needing my laptop, say from my house to the ranch. The bag I use the most is a cheapo bag that fits only the camera with just about any lens (well, that I currently have access to). Depending on the size of lens I may be able to squeeze in a flash. That bag is only good when you know what lens you’ll be using and won’t have a need to haul all your gear around, say from camp to the blind. The small bag is convenient and always comes along when using any of my two larger gear bags. Hope this helps.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the wide world of camera gear

Comment

The backpack that I'm currently using is the Think Tank Airport Antidote. I am able to carry 2-D300's, one with the battery pack, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Sb-900 Speed light, batteries, battery chargers, memory cards, remote control, business cards, etc, and a 17" laptop. And a TBH Koozie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	24050970

My rain cover is made by Think Tank as well. It's called the Hydrophobia 70-200.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydrophobia-70200-3 (Custom).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24050967
          Last edited by scotty; 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Really? They have rain covers? Another item to add to the list

Thank you Scotty...!

Once your hooked, your hooked!

Comment

Working...
            X