New Lens and a Day in the Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lens and a Day in the Hills

Not L glass but I think I can push it over time....or at least have fun trying to!

1/200; f 6.3; 40mm; 100 ISO

Ran into a lot of Axis as I cruised the lower Guadalupe River valley. If you need a big outdoor fix......this place is all that is needed...trust me...here in spades. These are low fence critters and God I am blessed!

1/200; f 5.6; 300 mm; 100 ISO Canon 75-300mm EF IS USM

Pink Floyd is a must here...Leggy I do believe you can dig it brotha!

New Sigma 18-50 2.8 lens @ 1/25; f 18; 29 mm; 100 ISO

New Sigma 18-50 2.8 lens @ 1/25; f 18; 29 mm; 100 ISO

Then off to the longhorns. Pop and son enjoying the afternoon.

1/200; f 5.6; 300 mm; 100 ISO Canon 75-300mm Canon EF IS USM

The Mexican ducks have now worked their way up into the Hill Country. Killer bees are no where close to these guys......mobility and opportunity as many of us have experienced in South Texas have experienced through the years. Yes they are working a feeder that has not quite yet fired....LOL! Some things never change!

1/125; f 5.6; 300 mm; 400 ISO Canon EF IS USM

A low light, motion test of the new lens along the Guadalupe River

1/2; f 5.6; 24 mm; 100 ISO Sigma 18-50 2.8 lens

I closed along a favorite section of Lupe, sundown and simply peace without TV or Urbanization in the middle of nowhere. These pics just don't do this place justice!

1/100; f 2.8; 18 mm; 100 ISO Sigma 18-50 2.8 lens

I'm happy with the new lens. As time rolls along I hope to figure it out. So much to learn and a lot more scenes left to explore.

Peace!

Awesome Pic's........

Comment

Rob did you carve those statues in between taking the pictures?

Nice pictures bud

Comment

Rob, the last image is my favorite. Nice strata!

A f/2.8-f/22 Wide Angle is one of my dream lenses.

Comment

Those last two are just flat awesome, all our good I just really like those. Any problem with me saving one for a screensaver?

Comment

Nice shots Rob although I'm a bit unsure to which is the new lens.

How do you like the Sigma 18-50 2.8 lens? I'm looking in that range and this lens is one I'm looking at.

Comment

Great stuff Rob! I recognize those spots from our trips to Kerr WMA. Beautiful area. I miss it.

Comment

Nicely done again Rob.........Give me a holler today..

Comment

Nice! That's a great drive. New glass sure doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Thanks guys!

AgHuntr10 no problemo Amigo, I'm honored!

Bill I really like this lens. I've had it 2 days and from what I've experienced, she's a keeper! The non-animal shots above are using the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC. Has a nice lens hood, padded nylon lens case and a pretty darn solid build with tight tolerances. I picked it up new at B&H photo. Some of the early reviews on this lens, 2006 release, had periodic quality issues which Sigma honored and recalibrated to those users. The previous lens cap, mentioned in several earlier reviews, as being too hard to remove with the lens hood attached, has been corrected with a new lens cap. Apparently Sigma used feedback to further improve this lens and stepped up the quality, no issues here. Excellent low light lens and 2.8 across the spectrum, it's nice to lean on in it's focal zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X