X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PGA Wyndham Championship

Didn't see a thread, so...

GO TIGER!!!

Playing with confidence. Only two back and could possibly hold the 36 hole lead later today. Koepka just pulled his second on the par 5 15. Matsuyama in the water. Tiger rips a 4 iron 230 to 10 feet to set up an eagle putt. Yeah...he sucks.

I've always been indifferent on Tiger. The haters crack me up. I will say that here recently I've been rooting for him to find it again and get back on the major train. I just can't see how anyone can logically say he's done, will never win again, blah blah blah. Again, I'm not a Tiger fan but don't think he's done by a long shot. He'll find it and shut a whole lot of haters up, not that you can truly shut a hater up.

GO TIGER!!!

Not done by any means. I'm not a tiger fan, just a golf fan. He will be around for 20 + years in golf. Might not be playing the best or winning but he is a golfing Legend at his young age. Look at Jack, Arnie and Gary, heck even Lee is still around and involved in the game at their ages.

Comment

Should be pretty interesting to see what happens on the weekend

Comment

Eagle and share of the lead.

How about old Love III up there at -10?!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
          Didn't see a thread, so...

GO TIGER!!!

Playing with confidence. Only two back and could possibly hold the 36 hole lead later today. Koepka just pulled his second on the par 5 15. Matsuyama in the water. Tiger rips a 4 iron 230 to 10 feet to set up an eagle putt. Yeah...he sucks.

I've always been indifferent on Tiger. The haters crack me up. I will say that here recently I've been rooting for him to find it again and get back on the major train. I just can't see how anyone can logically say he's done, will never win again, blah blah blah. Again, I'm not a Tiger fan but don't think he's done by a long shot. He'll find it and shut a whole lot of haters up, not that you can truly shut a hater up.

GO TIGER!!!
          Agreed! Lots of haters out there trying to bury him with their judgmental ways. Big fan here and following along. He just eagled...tied for the lead.

Comment

Eagle and share of the lead.

How about old Love III up there at -10?!
            I saw him up there yesterday and had no idea he was even out there still. Havent seen him up top in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              I saw him up there yesterday and had no idea he was even out there still. Havent seen him up top in a long time.
              My first ever live PGA event was the Nelson back around 1990. I followed Love's group and was blown away at how his persimmon driver sounded when he hit his drives. I'm a big fan of the smooth and loose swings of guys like Love, Els, Couples.

Comment

My first ever live PGA event was the Nelson back around 1990. I followed Love's group and was blown away at how his persimmon driver sounded when he hit his drives. I'm a big fan of the smooth and loose swings of guys like Love, Els, Couples.
                Couldn't agree more, the effortlessness (?) is amazing to say the least.

I'd take those swings over the more powerful of today any day of the week.

Comment

Let him win a couple small tourneys and get flush with confidence, and see who still thinks he's done in April next year.

Comment

hope he does good. always like a comeback story

Comment

Me too. I think I was there that year too.

Comment

Per Golf Channel, Tiger has held or shared 36-hole lead 47 times in his career and has converted 37 of those into wins. Crazy.

Comment

Been fun to watch him play wit confidence. Amazing how far a just a tad will go.

Go tiger!!!!

Comment

One successful week does not mean he's back.
                            Lots of no named fellas pull one out from time to time.
                            Now if he wins eventually, has a bunch of top 10's and actually plays well enough to justify having put up with all the coverage he gets.he'll finally be average at least.
                            Will he ever dominate again? Maybe, maybe not but with so many great young guns these days...i doubt it
                            Last edited by flywise; 08-22-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              One successful week does not mean he's back.
                              Lots of no named fellas pull one out from time to time.
                              Now if he wins eventually, has a bunch of top 10's and actually plays well enough to justify having put up with all the coverage he gets.he'll finally be average at least.
                              Will he ever dominate again? Maybe, maybe not but with so many great young guns these days...i doubt it
                              Tiger Woods average? He may be in a terrible slump right now, but there is nothing average about a guy with 14 major wins.

But you are correct in that the competition he faces now is a lot tougher than when he was dominating in the early 2000s. He IS the reason for the new young players that are focused on fitness and golf.

I hope he can pull it off this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X