Kawasaki mule problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki mule problems

I just got this mule. It is a 2012 mule 4010 trans gas. I knew it has a problem but the deal was so good I couldn't pass on it. It starts fine and idles fine too, when you start to drive it just bogs down and spits and sputters. The mule has never been off-road but it was driven around a chemical plant for 2 years. It's got about 1200 hours on it. What do yall think could be wrong with it?

I drive 3 mules regularly. All bought at the same time from same dealer. One of the three does the exact same thing that you mentioned. I have tried everything. Sorry that I am no help. I am still trying to figure this one out. Dealer is no help either.

Comment

You change the spark plug?

Comment

Have you checked fuel filter?

Comment

I had the same thing with my 3010, normally fix everything on my own, but with class and work i said heck ill take it in. The dealer fixed it fairly quick. When pressing on the gas it would fall flat on its face and i never did, but im sure i could have killed it by keeping on the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by mac0515 View Post
            You change the spark plug?

Nope I just got it. Just trying to get an idea before I start troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              Have you checked fuel filter?

Inside the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                I had the same thing with my 3010, normally fix everything on my own, but with class and work i said heck ill take it in. The dealer fixed it fairly quick. When pressing on the gas it would fall flat on its face and i never did, but im sure i could have killed it by keeping on the gas.
                Any idea what the dealer did?

Comment

I would check the plug and air filter first both can cause what your seeing

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Any idea what the dealer did?
                    Ahh not off the top of my head, usually im a stickler for stuff like that, but my mule is a junker so i was like whatever lol. I will try and dig up the invoice and see, they had it written down.

Comment

is it fuel injected or carb? I had to tear my carb and clean it . it has 4 jets and 2 were plugged up. i also always run stabilizer and seafoam.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        is it fuel injected or carb? I had to tear my carb and clean it . it has 4 jets and 2 were plugged up. i also always run stabilizer and seafoam.
                        When I bought mine they told me to only put in as much gas as I would burn in 2-3 weeks. Told me the crappy ethanol gas was gumming up the fuel system.

Comment

Fuel pump and filter. Get the pump and filter online. About $30 for the both. The fuel pumps suck on these mules. Should fix ya right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post

Mine is fuel injected

Comment

Originally posted by JMG View Post
                              Fuel pump and filter. Get the pump and filter online. About $30 for the both. The fuel pumps suck on these mules. Should fix ya right up.

I think I'm going to try that. Now that I think about it my jeep was doing the same and a new pump done the trick

Comment

Working...
                              X