Best .270 for money???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best .270 for money???

What are your opinions on the best .270 caliber rifle for the money on the market? Can you get it with a muzzle break?

Thanks

Savage

Comment

Stevens 200.

Comment

Remington Sendero

Comment

Remington 700 ADL or SPS and take it to a gunsmith and they will install a brake for ya. Why are you wanting to putting a brake on a 270 if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

New or used? You could find a gently used Rem 700 adl in .270 for a reasonable price. I it where me, that's what I would look for. Savage makes a good rifle as well though.

Comment

saw a ruger m77 on texasguntrader with a older leupold 4-12 for $450. thatll make a good shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Rather_B_Fishin View Post
                Remington 700 ADL or SPS and take it to a gunsmith and they will install a brake for ya. Why are you wanting to putting a brake on a 270 if you don't mind me asking?
                Have a lady friend that wants a .270 with as little kick as possible. I recommended .243, but she's set on .270.

Comment

I'm also curious why you'd want a break on it. It's fine that you want to... just curious
                  Last edited by feralswine; 06-13-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Love my Remington 700 CDL, most accurate gun I've shot. Also comes with a great recoil pad from the factory.
                    Last edited by 30-30; 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

That break isn't really gonna help the "kick" really, just the muzzle rise. It will make it sound like a Howitzer going off though...

Comment

buying new I would consider one of these.
                        the new Ruger american rifle. comes with some nice features for the price.
                        adjustable trigger, bedded barrell, etc.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...american-rifle

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
                          Have a lady friend that wants a .270 with as little kick as possible. I recommended .243, but she's set on .270.
                          Try and talk her into a 25/06 lighted in recoil and shoots flatter. One of the best deer rounds made in my opinion. Side by side at a glance you won't tell the two rounds apart.

Comment

Sorry meant lighter in recoil. Didn't proof read

Comment

marlin Xl7 is the best .270 rifle u could ever buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X