No announcement yet.

2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d rather drive a 4wd tricycle than a 2WD loaded grocery getter with a bed and every bell and whistle added.

Comment

4WD .... Once you have one you'll never own another 2WD

Comment

I have a 4wd, and am in the “need to have it when u need it” crowd. But I disagree with the “gotta have it if u leave the pavement” crowd. I leave the pavement a lot in the hill country and VERY seldom put my truck in 4wd. That may not be the case in marshy areas, but in the hill country and in East Texas I seldom need it. I think I could easily get by with a 2wd and have thought about it, but I can manage the extra expense and I prefer to have it

End of the day, just do what is right for you

Comment

4x4, why would you own a truck that is not 4x4?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I had a friend that said a 2wd will get you stuck. A 4wd will get you stuck, but 100' further in the mud and snow. Have to say that has happened to me more than once LOL
            That's true sometimes. That 100 extra feet might also be how far you are from the pavement at the front gate when it comes a flood the night before you leave the lease!

Comment

I wouldnt sell my 2wd drive truck to buy a 4x4 because I read this thread haha If you put a locker in a 2wd drive they are pretty dang capable, most people could get away with driving a car but its Texas and everyone has to have a truck haha

Comment

I would have had to call a wrecker this weekend if I didn't have 4 wheel drive. I nearly did anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_151524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	24560087

Comment

2017 Duramax 4x4, I wont ever go back to a 2wd truck or a gas engine again. I dont care if I need it on a daily basis, but when I do, it is there. The price of gas versus diesel isnt a concern when I need the truck, same thing goes for a 4x4 or 2x4.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                    You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                    4WD and less bells and whistles

Comment

4x4.....Thats like asking if you want jalapenos on your burger or tofu!

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                        You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                        I'd rather have the 2 wheel drive. I have a 4 wheeler and 2, 4 wheel drive tractors. I've had 4 wheel drive pickups, In mud they get stuck too, are harder to get out when they do. In snow country, they are good to have.

Comment

If you own a diesel it better be 4x4, so both my trucks are 4x4

Comment

I have never owned a 2 wheel drive truck until 2 years ago when I bought my Ford. I never used 4wd so I decided to get 2wd this time. I haven't missed it, but most likely I will go back to 4wd in my next truck.

Comment

4 wheel drive all the way. I keep mine on 4 wheel high 24 7 to keep the oil moving. I find that it helps my fuel consumption down makes my tires wear more even. Just my 2 cents worth hope this helps

Comment

nothing but 4x4 since my first one in 1981,, a jeep scrambler!

Comment

Working...
                                X