No announcement yet.

2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been about 18 years since I’ve owned a 2wd truck, I have no use for them. From hunting, travel Offroad, winter, ground clearance and “better to have and not need than need and not have” I’ll always own a 4wd truck. Though, in many cases a 2wd with a locking rear axle will be capable for most thing people encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive a four wheel drive that actually gets used fairly often. Always mud on my truck.

Comment

I've always thought I didn't need my 4WD. Then last weekend I had 3 instances that I would have been toast had I not had it! I'm a forever fan of 4WD now just in case.

Comment

4x4 will never go back to a 2Wd

Comment

4WD. I don't always need it but when I do it's there.

Comment

Most of the time you never need it, but the times you do, you really do!

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                I wouldn’t own a 2wd reguardless of package to price. In my world there is no reason to even produce a 2wd. And resale market is 1000x in Texas for sure

Comment

The last 4 trucks I've had have been 4x4's. 99% of the time you don't need 4wd. But when you do, you really do.

Comment

Yall take 4WD less whistles, over all whistles, even if you're 85% hwy?

Comment

Always driven 4WD trucks.
                      Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Not sure why anybody would want a 2wd. the cost isn't much difference, especially if you are financing it.

Comment

Originally posted by dhays View Post
                          Question about 4wd trucks as daily drivers. Even in 2wd are they less fuel efficient than a regular 2wd, are they noisier? I have had several 4wd vehicles as ranch trucks, but never for daily use.
                          Not from my experience. I’ve had a 2wd work truck for the last 4 years, and had the exact same version truck but 4wd for some time as a personal truck. Both identically equipped except 2wd vs 4wd. My 4wd actually got about 1-2 mpg than my first work truck and even with my new one. Both work trucks were identical options just GMC vs Chevy. 15’ LT Chevy Crew 5.3 and a 18’ SLE GMC Crew 5.3. Both identical in options, and neither carry much weight. Just me and a few work supplies 95% of the time.

Comment

Always 4x4 for me

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                              You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                              I'd rather have a 4wd with roll up windows and no carpet, than a 2wd, its a truck not a car.

Comment

4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X