No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be careful traveling like that. You don’t need to have trouble every time just one time. Rules change from persons to person. Like stated before about crossing the border and getting checked on certain things. People say it “all depends on who you get”. The punishment doesn’t usually fit the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
      I’d be careful traveling like that. You don’t need to have trouble every time just one time. Rules change from persons to person. Like stated before about crossing the border and getting checked on certain things. People say it “all depends on who you get”. The punishment doesn’t usually fit the crime.

Spoken like a rule breaker that got busted?!?! [emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
        Spoken like a rule breaker that got busted?!?! [emoji12][emoji12]

I may have had a issue or 2 over the years. [emoji23] That’s why I don’t mind passing along a little wisdom when I can. Lord knows my wisdom doesn’t come around very often.

Comment

And make sure you get your truck permit when needed. I’ll just leave it at that .

Comment

[QUOTE=RedDirt;13767667]And make sure you get your truck permit when needed. I’ll just leave it at that .

I'll be getting a Visa and truck permit. On second thought with my luck I'll get checked and be made an example. I've still got over a month before I head down, rekon I'll decide then lol

Comment

[quote=DKey88;13767691]
              Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
              And make sure you get your truck permit when needed. I’ll just leave it at that .

I'll be getting a Visa and truck permit. On second thought with my luck I'll get checked and be made an example. I've still got over a month before I head down, rekon I'll decide then lol
              Good luck with it man, I can speak from personal experience that the cheapest of permits can cost you thousands if you don't get them. Your given documentation for a reason with specific dates and locations (states) on them.(Gun permits and hunters agreements specifically) Im not faulting anyone for traveling the way they do by any means, just my own experiences make me more cautious.

Comment

Legally, your gun permit allows you to ONLY travel to and from the ranch which you have a hunting agreement for. You’re not supposed to travel between states or properties. The permit is legally issued to the hunter on behalf of the landowner, whose name is used to issue the permit. Yes, as said above it all depends on who checks you and you may have had no issues for 15-20 years, but all it takes is 1 time for 1 person to disagree and you will find yourself with a firearms violation in a country where you’d least want it to happen. Best advice i can give you is to leave your guns at your ranch and avoid any issues. Absolutely not worth the trouble.

Comment

First timer.. So I have another scenario.... myself, my brother, stepdad, grandpa and high school friend have two ranches leased about 15 miles apart.We have 7 deer between the two ranches. On paper 2 of us are attached to one ranch, 3 to the other. We want to just mix it up and hunt wherever. Is this not a good plan?

Comment

[quote=RedDirt;13767701]
                    Originally posted by DKey88 View Post

Good luck with it man, I can speak from personal experience that the cheapest of permits can cost you thousands if you don't get them. Your given documentation for a reason with specific dates and locations (states) on them.(Gun permits and hunters agreements specifically) Im not faulting anyone for traveling the way they do by any means, just my own experiences make me more cautious.
                    Yea, it's not worth it. I'll just leave them at the ranch.

Comment

[QUOTE=RanchoAB;13767729]Legally, your gun permit allows you to ONLY travel to and from the ranch which you have a hunting agreement for. You’re not supposed to travel between states or properties. The permit is legally issued to the hunter on behalf of the landowner, whose name is used to issue the permit. Yes, as said above it all depends on who checks you and you may have had no issues for 15-20 years, but all it takes is 1 time for 1 person to disagree and you will find yourself with a firearms violation in a country where you’d least want it to happen. Best advice i can give you is to leave your guns at your ranch and avoid any issues. Absolutely not worth the trouble.

^ This is what I was looking for. You are 100% correct, not worth the risk. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                        First timer.. So I have another scenario.... myself, my brother, stepdad, grandpa and high school friend have two ranches leased about 15 miles apart.We have 7 deer between the two ranches. On paper 2 of us are attached to one ranch, 3 to the other. We want to just mix it up and hunt wherever. Is this not a good plan?

Still not a good idea unless you have a Hunting Agreement for the ranch you’re going to. Legally you can only go to the ranch to which your gun permit and hunting agreement is issued to.

May get away with it 100 times, but all it takes is one guy to be familiar with the law and it may not end well. I’ve seen it happen.

Comment

[quote=DKey88;13767808]
                          Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post
                          Legally, your gun permit allows you to ONLY travel to and from the ranch which you have a hunting agreement for. You’re not supposed to travel between states or properties. The permit is legally issued to the hunter on behalf of the landowner, whose name is used to issue the permit. Yes, as said above it all depends on who checks you and you may have had no issues for 15-20 years, but all it takes is 1 time for 1 person to disagree and you will find yourself with a firearms violation in a country where you’d least want it to happen. Best advice i can give you is to leave your guns at your ranch and avoid any issues. Absolutely not worth the trouble.

^ This is what I was looking for. You are 100% correct, not worth the risk. Thank you.

Yes sir, you’re welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post

I hunt multiple ranches but I have permits for both ranches in my name. You must be careful but I’ve traveled through states as well with my guns, but I’ll be honest I’ve heard horror stories from good friends!

Comment

Man there seems to be a lot of first timers on here asking some pretty risky questions...some of y’all really need to familiarize yourself with the gun laws. There’s a lot of grey areas and lots of us know what we can push the envelope on from experience (like game cameras, sd cards, an things of that nature), but guns are not something to play around with! If you don’t know ask your outfitter directly! Some of y’all are scaring me

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Man there seems to be a lot of first timers on here asking some pretty risky questions...some of y’all really need to familiarize yourself with the gun laws. There’s a lot of grey areas and lots of us know what we can push the envelope on from experience (like game cameras, sd cards, an things of that nature), but guns are not something to play around with! If you don’t know ask your outfitter directly! Some of y’all are scaring me

Exactly. Gun laws in Mexico are not to be played with. There is no flexibility if caught and accused. Remember that Mexico law is Guilty until proven innocent....

People who have been hunting Mexico for many years know what to look for and what to answer when asked, but new guys should not be listening to advice saying “it’s all cool like a swimming pool”. No need to be pushing the envelope, just keep guns at your ranch and you won’t have any trouble. You’re in a country where recreational hunting and transporting firearms is not common. There are no common sense laws or responses to firearms and potential violations.

Having multiple hunting agreements is okay and will allow you to travel between ranches, just keep in mind that you always have to have paperwork with you and in order.

No need to ever risk anything like that in Mexico. You’re already being given special permission to bring a firearm into a country where ownership and use of firearms by residents is extremely regulated and restrictive. Don’t push it.

Comment

Working...
                                X