Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #201
crc
Four Point

crc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #202
huntingjunkie
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX & OK

Wow! Reading this is a sad reality of what deer hunting has turned into in many cases. So many rules that you can't just go enjoy the outdoors without being worried about what you can or can't shoot. It's a deer! There's more of them, and will continue to be year after year. Take all your game cameras down and you won't have these problems. Just hunt and feel blessed for what shows up when you're there. We did it for years and didn't have these issues. No guarantee that deer even makes it to 6.5, or that anyone would ever see that deer again. Then what? Nobody gets to enjoy the harvest? If somebody is abusing a situation, or breaking the state laws put in place, then I get it and it should be addressed, but everybody has different reasons for hunting and why they are doing it. Deer with antlers make men act real funny. First world problems!
huntingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #203
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Sounds like your only rule is that a buck has to be 5.5. So when did y’all decide to put this 5.5 yr old on the no-shoot list? After the offending member already paid his money and put in the time and effort to have a stand set up? If the only rule prior to the season was that trophies must be 5.5, then he didn’t break a rule. Sounds like he did break a gentlemen’s agreement that you and the other lease members have regarding this one particular buck.. I see fault on both sides. Either way, he’s not a fit with your group evidently and y’all should move on your separate ways next year
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #204
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

I'm heading to my lease now.. Reading this post almost makes me want to turn around and go back home... I guess Some people dont have enough REAL problems!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #205
FVR JR
Six Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

Getting on a forum to ask "what do you think" on something like this makes it seem like you can't decide. Then as you post more it's pretty obvious you think he broke a rule. If that warrants kicking him off per the "rules", do it and go on with life. This thread is no different than any other "what would you do," thread where someone wants "opinions", then once you give an opinion, they want to debate it with you. Add in all the confusing details and it's no wonder everyone is lost.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #206
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you did not give him a specific clear photo of the deer and tell him not to shoot it, he did nothing wrong
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #207
fishinguy
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVR JR View Post
Getting on a forum to ask "what do you think" on something like this makes it seem like you can't decide. Then as you post more it's pretty obvious you think he broke a rule. If that warrants kicking him off per the "rules", do it and go on with life. This thread is no different than any other "what would you do," thread where someone wants "opinions", then once you give an opinion, they want to debate it with you. Add in all the confusing details and it's no wonder everyone is lost.
It's not that simple, looks like what "they" really want is to gossip and bicker at the lease because other members are ******. Some members were probably already mad because this member parked in their usual parking spot and helped them selves to some lunch meat in the fridge that was on the not for sharing list.

We don't really know if the deer was killed or even injured. All we know is that supposedly the guy took a shot at the deer which would generally be considered ok to shoot but in this special case might have been put on a list but had been discussed to not be put on the list.

I'm going to go give everyone I hunt with a freaking hug when I see them and bring some new community gear to share. Really glad I don't hunt somewhere like this.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #208
Clay C
Ten Point

So you do or do not have an up coming opening on this lease?
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #209
fishinguy
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
So you do or do not have an up coming opening on this lease?
If so I bet one of these other members that is so ****** off probably has a guy that wants to get on.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #210
clayree
Six Point

This lease sounds like a pain in the arse. I go to my lease for fun with my friends, not to get into a battle over arbitrary rules made up on the fly over speculation of growth.

I honestly cannot believe that I read the whole thread without breaking out the Tito's.

Adios to this lease.
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #211
8pointer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher county

I've recently adapted to "No Shoot bucks" should be agreed on by all. No need to have a rule for no shoot bucks. If everyone on the lease wants to have a no shoot buck , then everyone wants to have the deer live just as bad as someone seeking to shoot any other target buck. If everyone truly wants to walk a particular buck, mistakes aren't going to happen. When one person or a handful of members are wanting the "no shoot" policy on a deer more so than other members on the lease, that's when I see the most problems.
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #212
tdwinklr
Eight Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

rules were followed, let it go.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #213
RF76
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

I would be more concerned about the fact that he tried to hide him shooting the buck and not recovering him.
RF76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #214
Hoss163
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Sounds like a lot of yíall guys just go shoot whatever you feel like you want to shoot which is fine if everyone agreed to that on the lease

Hoss163 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #215
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I'm heading to my lease now.. Reading this post almost makes me want to turn around and go back home... I guess Some people dont have enough REAL problems!!!
Dont turn around! The weather was nice this morning and the bucks are starting to put noses to the ground!
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #216
Hoss163
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post

O trust me I got bigger problems then this on my plate this just helps me forget it !!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #217
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

One of these him?

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=699038
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #218
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb22250 View Post
Back button..
Yep. Seems very prudent, I only read to here and back button for me too.
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #219
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

If anyone tried to pull this girly gossip crap on our place they would immediacy be sent to the cooler for the rest of the season and then then kicked off. We drink, shoot *** and have a real good time, drink more, eat real good and have more of a good time. No time for this nonsense!
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #220
doublearrow
Ten Point

Quote:
I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members !!

You are that lease manager for bringing it up. It was never made it clear. He followed the rules. Give him a high 5 and go on. The more of your post I read on the first page the more I'd get off the lease. You say two different things several times. I think this guy better get off the lease before you find a way to screw him.

Last edited by doublearrow; 11-02-2018 at 01:19 PM.
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #221
Arrowflinger84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Spikezilla

I think a general rule about age and number of mature deer can be acceptable rules for the management of the property. But I agree too many rules can cloud the excitement of hunting in general. Sitting in the blind and worrying about making someone getting mad if you shoot this deer takes the fun right out. However, IF rules are set they should be followed if you dont agree theres the door find a new place.
Arrowflinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #222
Hoss163
Ten Point

I just enjoy this forum and brought up something that we had a issue with is all Iím not trying to say anyone of you is wrong are right and I donít care if you agree are disagree the situation. Iím sorry I brought it up but it is about bowhunting and not any off the wall stuff !!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #223
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

So it was confusing at first but what I’m getting is

1) Buck at question was on no shoot list then brought to the table to take off since he was of age (5.5) but it was decided against because he could be bigger at 6.5.

2) communication of point one was understood by most but seems to have not been communicated properly to everyone on the lease

3) Member in question sounds like he knew but was unclear. Buck in question walked out, he decided to shoot, and couldn’t find it.

4) Since this buck was already a iffy situation the member didn’t say a word until someone else pointed it out

Is that correct?

Last edited by 150class; 11-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #224
Hoss163
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post

Yes sir it is one of those bucks and no he didnít blow up like we thought he might so we All agreed heck letís let him slide one more season!!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #225
Hoss163
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
So it was confusing at first but what Iím getting is

1) Buck at question was on no shoot list then brought to the table to take off since he was of age (5.5) but it was decided against because he could be bigger at 6.5.

2) communication of point one was understood by most but seems to have not been communicated properly to everyone on the lease

3) Member in question sounds like he knew but was unclear. Buck in question walked out, he decided to shoot, and couldnít find it.

4) Since this buck was already a iffy situation the member didnít say a word until someone else pointed it out

Is that correct?

Yes sir

Old 11-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #226
Larry
Ten Point

Simple question regarding your rules. What's the rule for drawing blood? If you draw blood but don't find a deer, is that considered a harvest toward your limits on the lease even though you haven't used a tag? I'm not as concerned with the fact that he shot a buck "not on the no hit list on the hit list never on a no shot hit list" as I am with you can't have members drawing blood and not being held responsible for it. While I'm not a fan of big leases and all the rules that could be set, I understand the need for it all. I just hope he's done on bucks for the season since he got a buck and drew blood on another one.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #227
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Shoot him!
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #228
tonyterry
Six Point

Hunt In: Long star state

Eat the deer and everyone chill out

tonyterry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #229
Larry
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Shoot him!
The offending lease member wasn't added to the shoot list before the season started. They figured he was gonna blowed up next season.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #230
Tx.Fisher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr, Gaines

I think we all know what the deer lease rule breaker deserves....
Tx.Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #231
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:
Yes sir

Well first communication has to get better which I believe has been established in this thread. With that punishment on the particular deer shot can’t really occur in my opinion.

Secondly, what’s the policy on drawing blood? And the policy for hiding the fact they tried shooting a deer and not saying a word about it until confronted? This is where I would be very concerned

Last edited by 150class; 11-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #232
lordvader
Four Point

Like you stated, we talked about, MAYBE, putting this buck on the list, and, NEVER, made it clear to all the members. If your going to have rules about what game can and can't be taken, ALL members need to have clarification on the rules. Because, Maybe, doesn't clarify the rule. And it does not do any good to clarify a rule when only part of your group knows about it. Sounds to me like you dropped the ball. If you are the manager of the lease, then be a manager. It's a done deal. Explain to all the members that mistakes were made. And as a manager, it was your responsibility to make sure all members new what the rule was for taking game, and not using the excuse of well 5.5 and up, oh but wait, maybe we might skip this one, and fail to make that specifically clear to everyone.
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #233
Miller
Eight Point

Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Laredo

This thread just makes me do a "Captain Picard."

Wow just wow.

I really wish the accused or other lease members would find there way here or the OP would tell them about it. It could hit new levels then.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #234
Hoss163
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyterry View Post
Eat the deer and everyone chill out

Wish we could!!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #235
Hoss163
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Well first communication has to get better which I believe has been established in this thread. With that punishment on the particular deer shot canít really occur in my opinion.

Secondly, whatís the policy on drawing blood? And the policy for hiding the fact they tried shooting a deer and not saying a word about it until confronted? This is where I would be very concerned

He drew blood thatís his trophy he is done for the year especially since he already shot a buck the week before!!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #236
Hoss163
Ten Point

Did I mention it was a Rage broad head as well lol !!!

Old 11-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #237
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Going Tuna Fishing with a bunch of TBH'ers....this week.

EVERYTHING IS ON THE HIT LIST!

No Management drama out there and it's all low fence

If the place has rules and a rule has been broken - then it's ADIOS.

Pretty straight forward. And it applies to a lot of things in life.
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #238
shark79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

This must be a small high fence ranch if ya'll know the age of each and every buck. Aging deer on the hoof ain't that exact. Neither is pulling jawbones.
shark79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #239
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Guy shoots the biggest mature buck of his life and gets hammered for it that’s bout right. That deer more than likely ain’t gonna “blow up” with another year. He’s mature now and prolly as big as he’s gonna get give or take a few inches next year. Whether he’s shot this year or next he’s just as dead and either way someone’s gonna be happy about it. Unless y’all are just mad y’all didn’t get the chance. Which is what it sounds like. Guy deserves an apology for the BS given to him and move on. You just can’t have a “shoot bucks at 5.5” policy and then get mad when you personally don’t want to shoot the deer and someone else did. If I was him I wouldn’t let y’all have a decision I just wouldn’t be back. Crap like this is what’s gonna shy people away from hunting cause you can’t just go and have fun. Pay all that money for a lease and shoot a big deer and get flamed for it. It’s really sad
Cbb1722 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #240
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Had a lease "manager" like this, glad I only hunt public lands now.
arrowsmack324 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #241
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post
Dont turn around! The weather was nice this morning and the bucks are starting to put noses to the ground!
Ok. Well I'm turning back around then..Heading north!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #242
crc
Four Point

Quote:
Did I mention it was a Rage broad head as well lol !!!

Broad head was too confused whether or not the blades should be deployed because the buck was most definitely maybe should of for sure on the no kill probable shoot list.
crc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #243
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
I am not so sure why people reading this are not getting that there are 2 lists

a "no shoot list"
AND
a "shoot list"

he was ON the "no shoot list" and they had talked about the deer being put on the "shoot list" but had decided against it
Wouldn't the fact that they aren't on the "No shoot list" make them "shootable", provided they are of the 5.5 age? Why muddy it with another list?
I swear, this thread is more confusing than a set of instructions for an IKEA bunk bed.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #244
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post

Its been reported you shot a deer and aren't on their lease.

You owe OP the lease dues and the deer.

And you're no longer allowed to hunt there. Because you weren't on the lease anyway.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #245
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

If I were to hunt there, I'd probably have my lawyer go over everything beforehand and let him sit in the blind to give me the all clear. And that's all I got to say about that.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #246
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
If I were to hunt there, I'd probably have my lawyer go over everything beforehand and let him sit in the blind to give me the all clear. And that's all I got to say about that.
Which is why ranches you're on won't reach their true potential

I bet your an OLD timer
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #247
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
Ha thatís funny but kinda true
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #248
PantherCity
Six Point

Quote:
I agree and it is on the no kill list plan and simple!!

Nothing about this thread is plain and simple!!
PantherCity is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #249
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Default What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Which is why ranches you're on won't reach their true potential b

I bet your an OLD timer

Dude, take your stir stick elsewhere. Iím not biting. Go troll the newbies.

What really cracks me up is the majority of guys get on a lease and all of a sudden turn into fín wildlife biologists.
I donít lease.

Edit: I think my sarcasm meter is broken.

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-02-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #250
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

If this is the first time this has happened with any of the guys Iíd call it a freebie. He didnít ďbreak the rulesĒ he just wanted to shoot a buck some thought should last another year. Rewrite lease agreements and state ďif a deer is killed by lease member that were put on a do not kill list until lease manager approves: you will have your lease terminated without refundĒ. Carry on!

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top