2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
    Plain old creedmoor, sorry. That's what's so interesting.
    What weight ELD-X?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      What weight ELD-X?

In a 6.5 Creedmoor it would be the 143 gr

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
        In a 6.5 Creedmoor it would be the 143 gr
        or 147 if he hand loads

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          or 147 if he hand loads

Thought they only made the 147 in the ELD Match. Didn’t know that they make an ELD-X in the 147. Learn something new every day. I’ll have to look into that.

Comment

Plain old creedmoor, sorry. That's what's so interesting.

I went with the creed also because I don’t reload and want something I can shoot without being $50 to $100 a box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
              Thought they only made the 147 in the ELD Match. Didn’t know that they make an ELD-X in the 147. Learn something new every day. I’ll have to look into that.

My bad. You are correct.

Comment

Lately I'm seeing real 2900 fps with R-26 and ELD-X. Laser of death indeed.
                Out of a creedmoor? I'm barely seeing 2800 before I get pressure signs with 4350 or R16.

Comment

On the Long Range Hunting forum, the "wizards" on there are getting 3000-3050 fps using RL26 and ELDX bullets Their pressures are over 61K. Would it not be easier to pick another caliber if you want a hot rod?

Went shooting this morning to test a new bullet and powder combo, 6.5 creedmoor 147 eld , started at 46.0 grains 2850 fps and worked up to 50.0 grains 3060 fps, col 2.80", 49.0 was the best load 3005 fps, Savage model 10 predator max1 1-8" twist 24" barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Out of a creedmoor? I'm barely seeing 2800 before I get pressure signs with 4350 or R16.
                    I KNOW! MikeD gets credit for first mentioning RL-26 and the magic that it does, at least that I've seen.

Would it not be easier to pick another caliber if you want a hot rod?
                    Easier to buy a different gun than load with a different powder?

Comment

I KNOW! MikeD gets credit for first mentioning RL-26 and the magic that it does, at least that I've seen.

Easier to buy a different gun than load with a different powder?
                      Reckon, I aint as smart as some on here. Why would I want to run breech pressure over 61,000 psi and blow out primer pockets to reach 3000+ fps?

They got a 6.5 x 300 Weatherby out now
                      Last edited by Radar; 05-15-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Reckon, I aint as smart as some on here. Why would I want to run breech pressure over 61,000 psi and blow out primer pockets to reach 3000+ fps?

They got a 6.5 x 300 Weatherby out now
                        Yeah, the guys on that link are jokers and that's not what I'm talking about. I'm seeing great results with less powder down in the 2900 range - still significantly better (and more accurate) than I've seen with H4350. Zero pressure signs.

Comment

I am seeing in the 2900 fps range is close to max in quickload using RL26.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I am seeing in the 2900 fps range is close to max in quickload using RL26.
                            Exactly.

Comment

All this reloading talk combined with the soon to be new rifle makes me want to start reloading myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                All this reloading talk combined with the soon to be new rifle makes me want to start reloading myself.

If your getting a top notch custom rifle you just have to reload. I mean, you wouldn’t get a top fuel dragster and run pump gas would ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X