savage 111 v 700 v ruger american

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the market for a spare gun for the lease. opinions on accuracy, durability, reliability, recoil welcomed.

thoughts on xp savage as well welcomed

Comment

I liked the ruger out of those. I have a real nice 700, but I don't really consider it a truck gun/beater. I never had a savage I liked. I only have messed with one Ruger American, got it on a trade and wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but then found out it would shoot1 3/4 inches at 200 yards and decided to keep it

Comment

I have a savage 111 trophy hunter xp in 30-06, thing will shoot the same hole when I’m doing my part on the trigger. I hardly use it though, I should take it out more next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ruger Americans are the best deal going right now. Hands down I think that's the choice.

LWD

Comment

Most accurate to least accurate.

Savage
            Ruger
            Remington

Comment

It isn’t a listed option (yeah gonna be that guy) but I’d go Tikka in your situation.

Can be had in the same general price range. A $10 trigger job and you have as good of rifle for the money as can be found IMO.

Comment

I bought a Ruger American Predator 6.5 creedmoor and a Savage 10 7mm08 at the end of last year. I like both but if I had to buy another one I would get the RAP.

If you are really looking for a beater gun for the lease check out the Thompson Center Compass. You can find them for around $200-$225 after the $75 mfr rebate.

Comment

My Remington’s all shoot way sub Moa I can’t imagine any one having a problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                    The Ruger Americans are the best deal going right now. Hands down I think that's the choice.

LWD
                    Agree...I've bought two in the last year. If you can get past the cheap looking plastic stock they really are great shooters. Triggers are not terrible either....soooo much better than the X Mark.

Comment

I'd go Ruger American for a beater rifle. But, like the Texas Tech fan boy, a Tikka is tough to beat. (would love to know the trigger job that can help).

Comment

I will shop good used / older 700's for shooters every time...that's just me, but have to say tikka has the current edge here for today's pick of consistent out of box bughole rigs if you are rolling the dice on accuracy.

Comment

Have all three and I love that dang ruger.

Comment

Looks like RAP is the way to go. Thanks
                            Considering the 6.5 too, can't find a recoil calc. Heard it's similar to my 25-06. Anybody agree?

Comment

Ttt
                              Anybody have info on recoil/ ballistics?
                              If I'm 2" high at 100 on a 6.5 what's that leave me at at 200

Comment

Working...
                              X