Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a custom rifle for sale? Gunwerx, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    They **** sure don’t have speed. Close to 9 months on my 8-10 week quoted turnaround for my 6.5 Creed I had built in 2012.
    9 months is probably the median delivery time for custom rifle builds.
    Some GS’s can turn out work in 2-4 weeks as others will quote you 1-2 yrs. depending on what you want built.

Once a component manufacturer (action, stock, reamer, barrel) gets backlogged, the looooooong wait begins

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      9 months is probably the median delivery time for custom rifle builds.
      Some GS’s can turn out work in 2-4 weeks as others will quote you 1-2 yrs. depending on what you want built.

Once a component manufacturer (action, stock, reamer, barrel) gets backlogged, the looooooong wait begins
      I’m well aware of the average wait time. Ive had more than a few built. My issue wasn’t with the wait. It was with outright lying about the wait. They knew it **** well wasn’t 8-10 weeks like they quoted. They didn’t miraculously get 6+ months worth of work in the 3 days from when I spoke to them on the phone until my rifle arrived in their hands.

They were shipped every part for the build. There was no back log on parts they were waiting for. One of my builds took 16 months. The last 8 months of that was waiting on Manners. Can’t blame the smith for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

I’m well aware of the average wait time. Ive had more than a few built. My issue wasn’t with the wait. It was with outright lying about the wait. They knew it **** well wasn’t 8-10 weeks like they quoted. They didn’t miraculously get 6+ months worth of work in the 3 days from when I spoke to them on the phone until my rifle arrived in their hands.

They were shipped every part for the build. There was no back log on parts they were waiting for. One of my builds took 16 months. The last 8 months of that was waiting on Manners. Can’t blame the smith for that one.
        And if I recall the first trip to the range it wouldn’t fire hahahahahahahaha. Action screw had it in a bind or something.

Comment

You had to pour salt in that wound ��

Comment

I just spent way too much time searching Reddit for pics.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              I just spent way too much time searching Reddit for pics.
              But did you find them?

Comment

No

Comment

Good thread!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    And if I recall the first trip to the range it wouldn’t fire hahahahahahahaha. Action screw had it in a bind or something.
                    Sounds like somebody didn't test fire......

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                      Sounds like somebody didn't test fire......
                      I was slightly perturbed after being patient for 4x the quoted wait. I called one time at the 7 month mark, so I wasn’t even being a pain in their butt. Trophy8 couldn’t believe how patient I was. I think he was more mad than me throughout the build. The last couple of weeks is when I finally had it lol

Comment

Receiving a rifle from a builder that won't go bang is bad mojo. I've been a couple weeks late on a couple builds due to family stuff but I'm the only one working on the rifle (not that it's a good excuse but it's also not my primary job either). Sounds like their eyes were a little bigger than their stomach on taking orders...

Comment

Lots of great info here. I def don't care about the brand so saving several grand to not get a brand name is fine with me.

For the custom being custom to each person comment...well, yes. However, I am not knowledgeable enough or experienced enough with various manufactures to say which exact part I want. I own numerous out of the box rifles and frankly, can and have hit deer and antelope out to 450-500 yds without issue, but that is largely due to shooting experience. My Gen 1 Ruger Precision is my go to rifle which works great at head shots on does out to 200yds. I just now want to add my experience with something not off of the shelf.

All these comments are great and will def have me checking links and such posted.

Thanks all!

Comment

I see a few which would work on the ready to ship portions from HRC and APR.

Question...why do I not see any carbon barrels on the HRC rifles and only a couple on APR? Are carbon just not that good or is the cost not worth it?

And yes, I can buy a few calibers on the APR site for what a GW would have cost. Gotta love the green screen!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPDKLZ View Post
                              I see a few which would work on the ready to ship portions from HRC and APR.

Question...why do I not see any carbon barrels on the HRC rifles and only a couple on APR? Are carbon just not that good or is the cost not worth it?

And yes, I can buy a few calibers on the APR site for what a GW would have cost. Gotta love the green screen!!

HCR won’t use a carbon barrel. They haven’t been able to get enough that gave them the consistent accuracy results they require for their builds.
                              B

Comment

Working...
                              X