Salary Employee’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary Employee’s

Does salary automatically mean 12 hour days? What’s realistic when no specific hours have been set? I understand you gotta get the job done but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to takeoff if we’re done for the day. Thoughts??
    Last edited by TXUSMC; 08-21-2018, 06:02 PM.

If you worked for a respectable company they would like set down the expectations before you accepted the job.

Comment

I'm salary. I have a job for the day and when it's done or at a good stopping point I go home. Ranch manager and every day is different. Some days are 7-8 hrs and others are 9-12 hrs.

Comment

Ive worked longer days since I took a salary role but I wouldn’t go back. My job is never done, there’s always something else you can start

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
          Does salary automatically mean 12 hour days? What’s realistic when no specific hours have been set? I understand you gotta he the job done but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to takeoff if we’re done for the day. Thoughts??

I’m not a labor lawyer, but there are relatively new laws providing defense to employees who are on salary. In many cases they must be paid 1.5x for time over 40 hours a week. There have been enormous class action suits filed against several oilfield companies for putting people on salary then working them 70-90 hours per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Truly understand your issue. I’m salary and work a minimum of 12 hours a day not counting being on the phone for the hour commmute each way. Once I get home my phone does not stop through the night or during the weekend. I also get around 20 text a night and too many to count on the weekends. What makes it even worse is the hands that work for me that are hourly make way more money and don’t have to worry about the night or weekend calls. If they get called they get to charge a minimum of one hour and if they come out they get paid from the time of the phone call until they get back home. When I took this job the hourly rate was a lot less, but since they have raised their rates by 15% in the last year and salary has not been raised. At least I get a pay check that supports my family is what I keep telling myself.

Comment

Well I started a new job last week. Employee handbook says salary employees are 8-5, although we operate 24/7 and hourly employees work 12’s with flex shifts. My boss keeps hinting at me coming in earlier even though I’m in no later than 7, never leave before 5 and eat my lunch while I’m working.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                At least I get a pay check that supports my family is what I keep telling myself.
                I keep saying the same. Thankful to be working.

Comment

Truly understand your issue. I’m salary and work a minimum of 12 hours a day not counting being on the phone for the hour commmute each way. Once I get home my phone does not stop through the night or during the weekend. I also get around 20 text a night and too many to count on the weekends. What makes it even worse is the hands that work for me that are hourly make way more money and don’t have to worry about the night or weekend calls. If they get called they get to charge a minimum of one hour and if they come out they get paid from the time of the phone call until they get back home. When I took this job the hourly rate was a lot less, but since they have raised their rates by 15% in the last year and salary has not been raised. At least I get a pay check that supports my family is what I keep telling myself.
                  Last statement couldn't be more true but man that sounds rough! You sound like you should own the company and basically pay your hands.

Comment

Salaried employees can give themselves a raise..Just start working less

Comment

I also drive an hour to and from work, my choice to live where I do, but it adds up.

Comment

I get best of both worlds, I'm salary non-exempt. So I get paid my salary, anything over my normal 40 hour work week is OT. No way I would work a job where I didn't get compensated for anything over 40 hours.

Comment

What about these labor laws???????

Comment

I get a salary and a extra day rate for every day I'm offshore. I average 16-18hr days offshore, the dayrate doesn't change.

Comment

The sad thing is, I feel like I’m slacking if I keep normal hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X