The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mountains Are Calling...

... and we are finally going. In just a short couple weeks, a few of your fellow TBH traditional hunters are headed to the mountains of Colorado in pursuit of Rocky Mountain Elk and Mule Deer

For most of us, this will be our first hunting trip out of state. Chasing a dream we've had. The hardest part of any adventure is choosing to go. We can check that box. It will probably feel really real when I fork over the $671 for the OTC Elk tag... but for now... it feels very real.

As always, could use y'alls prayers as we make final preparations for our DIY trip to the mountains.

As I type this, I am on mile 3 of 4 for the 2nd time today. We've been cheering each other on, sharing advice, making plans, for the last several months... just a few more days fellas!

Rusty and Ryan drew Mule Deer tags ( okay, so we have been planning for more than a year!) Randy, Jeff, and I are after Elk.

Dates are the first and second week of September.

The books say that even our collective odds of "success" are low. Well... that may be... but that depends on how you measure success I suppose. The Mountains are calling... we are going!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Prayer sent up for your safety and success...have fun and make some memories.

Comment

I can't wait!! My first out of state hunt, and my first time to even go to Colorado. I'm a little nervous but at the same time unbelievably excited!!

Comment

Good luck guys! I leave Thursday this week. Nothing like the mountains to beat the heat!

Comment

Good luck!! What area y’all headed to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, man!!!

Comment

Good luck guys!! I went on my one and only elk hunt in northern Colorado two years ago. At 48 (then), out of shape and no expectations, it was one of the most memorable trips of my life!! We spent 10 days in all and only 1 in our group of 4 shot a bull; however, the trip was a success for all in our party as we chased bulls in the mountains with a bow!! Don't get hung up on "filling the tag." Your trip will provide memories that will last a lifetime and that IS worth the price of admission!! Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

Comment

First time for elk hunting and first time to Colorado for me also. Can’t wait!

Comment

Comment

And I can’t wait!! I’ve made several out of state hunts but this is my first trip to Colorado! And with a great group of guys! My confidence is high and something is gonna die!!

Comment

Y’all will have a blast! I’ve been elk hunting 3 times, never killed an elk yet, and still, each of those trips were great!!!

Good luck guys!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking forward to updates. I'm going with a group of Tbhers to New Mexico third week of September. Been looking forward to it all year long.

Comment

Rusty and Ryan are super lucky!!!!

Y'all be safe and have fun

Comment

Me and a buddy are both going for our first time this year as well. Leaving the evening of the 7th and driving overnight. Days are sure going by a heck of a lot slower as we inch closer.

Comment

Good luck guys! Hoping y’all do really well! Have fun and be safe!

Comment

Working...
                              X