Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sand plums and windmill water

Sand plums and windmill water were the popular item on the menu today
    Took kiddos to check feeders today and they took a swim in stock tank to cool off and picked a few sand plums
    Saw turkey, deer and 1 coyote they were having good time
    Not many plums at our place this year but was able to find a few for them
    First time in a while they had a fun time out in heat and NO Cell phone in hand
    And wasn’t worried about anything like online games, text etc
    Attached Files

Heck ya the way it should be most of the time.

Comment

I haven't had a sand plum in years! We used to eat the heck out of those when i was kid living on the Southern Plains!

thanks for posting and bringing back good memories and also for making good memories with your kiddos!

Comment

Too cool..

Comment

Those plums are awesome! But be careful around them. small rodents like picking the droppings. And of course rattlers like small rodents.
          Deer love-em too.

Comment

That sounds like a dream! Man I'm jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
              I haven't had a sand plum in years! We used to eat the heck out of those when i was kid living on the Southern Plains!

thanks for posting and bringing back good memories and also for making good memories with your kiddos!
              Yep funny how something like that can bring back a good memory
              We had intended on trying to gather enough up to make some plum jelly but supply looks too low this year to do that. If I had any I’d send you a jar, I’ll keep ya in mind next year when we make a batch if supplies are better then

What part of the plains you hunt ?

Comment

Picked some behind the dam on Pat Mayse Lake this year. Mama made a big batch of jelly out of them. They make the best plum jelly ever made!
                When I pick them it always brings back memories of picking them with my Grandpa and brothers in east texas about 40 years ago.

Comment

Mom just brought us a good supply of wild plum jelly, our plants around here made an abundance this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X