My son shot a Hogzilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son shot a Hogzilla

My 9 year old son Noah had been asking to go hog hunting the last couple months so I was hoping he could get his 1st pig this summer. He has a CVA .223 he has been practicing with and shooting well. The hogs had been real regular at my feeder and the last couple weeks I'd even had a big boar showing every morning and evening. The goal was to just get a shot on a pig, any pig. My two sons and I arrived at the lease saturday morning, running late as usual and started the walk to the rifle blind right as daylight was breaking. As we were approaching the blind, I hear a grunt and a few seconds later a hog walks in front of us about 15 yards away and I see more pigs 50 yards further heading towards the feeder. We make it to the blind and settle in. The plan was to stalk up close to the feeder once it fed as the shot from the blind would be too far for my son. At 6:30 the feeder spun and we stalked our way towards the feeder. I find a hole through some trees about 60 yards away and setup the shooting sticks for my son. I could see the larger boar had indeed showed and kept chasing off a couple smaller pigs but eventually settled under the feeder. My son got ready and I tell him to wait for a broadside shot and fire when ready. A few seconds later he fires and the pig bolts into the brush. We head back to the blind and decide to give him an hour before trailing. After the hour, I start the trail and immediately find good blood. About 40 minutes later I find the pig and am blown away by his size! What a 1st pig kill for my son! He made a great shot right in the arm pit through the heart. The pig made it about 100 yards from the feeder. After high fives and some pics we drag him back to camp and get him weighed. He tipped the scale at 215lbs with some nice cutters as well! He is going to make a cool skull mount. My son was so happy and proud the whole weekend, he had us texting everybody pics of his hog. This will be hunt I will always remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Well done!!!!

Comment

That is bad ***! Congrats to your son.

Comment

Nice, congrats to the young man.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Congrats to the young hunter!

Comment

Congrats to the young man.

Comment

Cool Dad, I'll bet he's still grinning !

Comment

Attaboy, Noah! That's a biggun!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats little man!

Comment

Life long memories, for sure !!!

Comment

Congrats, what a great start for the young guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bravo!!!!

Awesome shooting by your son and great parenting by you!

Comment

Congrats to you and your boys! Awesome trophy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yaaaaa buddy

Comment

That's good stuff, congrats to the boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X