Rabbit had a bad day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit had a bad day.

My buddy found this behind his shed. I guess a few weeks ago there was two out there.
    Attached Files

Dang, he fat!

Comment

I'm not sayin for certain... but there is a good possibility that snake would have had a bad day too after I finished snapping that photo....

just sayin...

Comment

It looks like a pretty bad day.

Comment

Bull snake ? Ours have a lot more yellow / black to them.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Bull snake ? Ours have a lot more yellow / black to them.
            Yep I think that's the smaller one of the two. He seems to have quite a few around the house....one time he had one IN the house but that was a while back.

Comment

The snake had a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                The snake had a good day!
                You sure.? That looks pretty painful on the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  I'm not sayin for certain... but there is a good possibility that snake would have had a bad day too after I finished snapping that photo....

just sayin...
                  They eat a lot of rats and stuff so he just keeps them around. If you like to eat rabbits I guess they're not too good but other than that they'll eat just about anything. A few weeks ago some guy found a bullsnake eating a litter of kittens.

Not that that's good. He'll save money on cat food though so.....I dunno. There's a silver lining in every cloud I guess.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-25-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

He sent me this picture last week. He found this chunky sucker at work. I think it probably ate a prairie dog. Possibly a small rabbit. He didn't kill it so I don't know.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a nice size Bull snake.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                        That looks like a nice size Bull snake.
                        Pretty good one. I saw one last Saturday that got hit on the blacktop. He was about a foot from the center line and his tail was a few inches from the edge of the road. Those son of a guns can get big. Makes me wonder how old that snake was before he decided to cross the road.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          They eat a lot of rats and stuff so he just keeps them around. If you like to eat rabbits I guess they're not too good but other than that they'll eat just about anything. A few weeks ago some guy found a bullsnake eating a litter of kittens.

Not that that's good. He'll save money on cat food though so.....I dunno. There's a silver lining in every cloud I guess.
                          I said it kinda of jokingly... I normally let nature take its course. I do like to hunt and eat rabbits, so I'm a bit selfish about that. I'll shoot rabbit predators since I am willing to fill in that role at a "local" level.

I hate rats/mice. They chew up everything and leave their **** everywhere... but between a rat and a cat for rodent control, I'd rather have the cat (and I am not a cat person.) I'd rather have the cat to keep away the mice, which keeps away the snakes.... poison works too though.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I said it kinda of jokingly... I normally let nature take its course. I do like to hunt and eat rabbits, so I'm a bit selfish about that. I'll shoot rabbit predators since I am willing to fill in that role at a "local" level.

I hate rats/mice. They chew up everything and leave their **** everywhere... but between a rat and a cat for rodent control, I'd rather have the cat (and I am not a cat person.) I'd rather have the cat to keep away the mice, which keeps away the snakes.... poison works too though.
                            I can't stand rats and mice. Anything that'll kill a rodent I don't necessarily mind too much.

Comment

It happens. We were on a group hog hunt near Caterina Tx. Two if us were scouting out a brushy fence line looking for hog sign. Up ahead I saw a baby rabbit run out into the trail up in front of us about 15 yards. It flopped over on its side and started kicking. Walked up and watched the little feller take his last breath. Backed tracked his trail and found a 3.5' rattlesnake following his trail.

Comment

Working...
                              X