Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a big screwdriver as mentioned above

Comment

Sure you can set them by hand, but the setting tool or the pvc pipe trick is much safer.

Comment

I have the tool, use it sometimes but also set them by hand.

Comment

A 6" stick of 3/4" PVC makes it much simpler than setting by solely by hand or with the tool....imo. We have 30 plus traps so always looking for an easier way to set them. This works..

Start at 1:10...

DISCLAIMER: It has been brought to my attention that since this design has the push \ pull mechanism that it is not truly 100% dog proof as smaller breed dog...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONkw0evPG4Y"]How I prepare my dog proof coon traps before putting them out in the field. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My 72-y.o. Arthritic hands don't like to set them by hand, but I can. I prefer to use the setting tool. Tool isn't that complicated--go to HD or TSC and get a piect of rod and make your own.

Comment

I didn’t know they had a tool for setting them. I’ve always just used my hands

Comment

I use the tool. Easy and quick when I’m setting 10 traps and sweating in the Texas humidity.

I spray painted the setting tool orange in the event that I drop it in the woods.

Comment

I take the handle of a pair of side cutters and put it in the top of the trap.

Makes it a lot easier to set in what amounts to two squeezes instead of one.

if that makes sense.....

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                    I use the tool. Easy and quick when I’m setting 10 traps and sweating in the Texas humidity.

I spray painted the setting tool orange in the event that I drop it in the woods.
                    Had the tool for years, but never with me!
                    Good idea to paint it.

Comment

I set em by hand. My 76yr Ol dad uses the tool; arthritis. I say set em and set em a lot.

Comment

Use the tool. Love it. Feed store may have it locally. If not have someone heat you up a welding rod and bend in half/long U shape. Looks and works like tool.

Comment

Purchased six of them. We need to do something about these masked bandits. Seems like they are multiplying like pigs out in Gatesville.

Comment

Working...
                          X