Wifi (NOT cellular) game cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi (NOT cellular) game cameras?

Does anyone offer a camera that you can access from your local device (phone/ tablet/ PC, etc.) once you are within range? I'd love to be able to just climb in the stand (25 yards from the camera), fire the phone up and dump the pictures to it over wifi rather than go leave scent and whatnot at the feeder. Being able to change settings on the camera over wifi would be great as well.

I am not sure how well it works but try looking into DeerLab. It is a software that does what you are asking and supposedly a ton more. They offer a free trial for 2 weeks and then $9 per month or $84 a year to manage up to 10 cameras (more $$$ for more cameras) and supposedly works with ANY camera that has time and date stamps on photos.
    I started my free trial yesterday and will see how it works after I go to the lease this weekend and set my cameras up.

may not be worth a **** but a free trial without giving credit card info is a free trial without giving a credit card......

See why DeerLab is the #1 trail camera app for making data-driven decisions with your trail cam pics. It will change the way you look at trail cam photos.

Comment

I think the deerlab application is cool but I think what the op is looking for is a way to get the pics from the cam(s) without having to actually go to the cam. Deerlab works for everything after you get the pics off the cam.

I love my wireless cam, i think the best thing out there right now in terms of convenience and cost is the cudde link system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        I think the deerlab application is cool but I think what the op is looking for is a way to get the pics from the cam(s) without having to actually go to the cam.
        That is correct.

Comment

Comment

hawks new ghost cam is Bluetooth. I know you control the cameras settings with your phone. not sure if you can view photos with the app or not. maybe worth looking into

Comment

Im no cuddeback fan but that cuddelink system is the closest thing I know of to what you are looking for. Still have to go to one of the cams.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                I think the deerlab application is cool but I think what the op is looking for is a way to get the pics from the cam(s) without having to actually go to the cam. Deerlab works for everything after you get the pics off the cam.

I love my wireless cam, i think the best thing out there right now in terms of convenience and cost is the cudde link system

yep...my mistake, misread what he was asking

Comment

I wish the cudde back was getting better reviews
                  Would work really well on our farm but reviews are all over the place

Comment

They make WiFi sd cards. Should be able to make one work on an existing camera .

Comment

You are not likely to find a WiFi camera because they would be a power hog. It would drain the battery very quickly. You MIGHT be able to find a BLE 5 camera but the technology is very new and of limited use. It would get you longer range than normal BLE. The technology you will want is LTE Cat M which the networks are just now rolling out. Devices are still about a year away.

Comment

Working...
                      X