drew south llano sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drew south llano sp

for exotics on 10-30-18 anybody ever bin before? looks like a lot of axis been dragged on pass hunts

Lots of exotic there. Especially round the park area. My son almost shot a big Sitka there once. It was close and barked at us. Scared the fool out of my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      Lots of exotic there. Especially round the park area. My son almost shot a big Sitka there once. It was close and barked at us. Scared the fool out of my son.
      had no clue they had those do you bring your own stand ?

Comment

It is a very nice SP. I have seen a few stands out there with numbers on them, but not sure how many they have. Seen plenty of animals moving around, and i was just camping out there. Good luck and enjoy!!

Comment

Buddy and I drew there one year for a bow hunt. The closer you can hunt close to the park and down around the river is where most of the Axis were. The draw was for deer, but you could also shoot unlimited exotics. We both killed a buck, and saw allot of Axis with me getting a shot at a 30+" bull, but he spun out of the way from 32 yards. Very skittish animals. Great hunt. We went back that same year with our boys for a rifle youth hunt with my son harvesting a 141 9pt.

Comment

A ton of axis there and some toads at that.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
              had no clue they had those do you bring your own stand ?
              Yeah...the stands they have(from what I remember) were basically 4x4 blinds. If nothing else, you can put a pop up next to your spot to have more room. I'd bring a tripod and pop up. if it rains...you'll be happy for the pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                Yeah...the stands they have(from what I remember) were basically 4x4 blinds. If nothing else, you can put a pop up next to your spot to have more room. I'd bring a tripod and pop up. if it rains...you'll be happy for the pop up.
                i have a ground blind but guess im going have to build me a tripod

Comment

Congrats and good luck!! Lots of axis on that proprerty.

Comment

I went last year. Your luck depends on which blind you hunt. Listen to the park rangers when they which ones are best. You draw numbers to see who gets to pick a blind first. The first guy obviously picked the most highly recommended spot and ended up killing 5 axis and 2 hogs. I was second to last to pick my blind and didn't even see an axis until I was packing up my tent to leave. I don't think anyone brought extra blinds/tripods when I was there FYI. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Comment

I’ll be there for that hunt also. Good luck to you! Sorry I can’t help with intel , this will be my first time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, I put in every year with no luck. How many preference points did you have?

Comment

BIL and I drew the antlerless/spike hunt at South Llano is December. The question that I have is since they list Sika, Axis, and Fallow deer also, and I see that last year there were a lot of axis bucks taken, is there any limitation of the size of axis (antler wise) that you can shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
                            Congrats, I put in every year with no luck. How many preference points did you have?
                            had 2 did not expect to draw it

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              BIL and I drew the antlerless/spike hunt at South Llano is December. The question that I have is since they list Sika, Axis, and Fallow deer also, and I see that last year there were a lot of axis bucks taken, is there any limitation of the size of axis (antler wise) that you can shoot?
                              not clue but i wouldnt think so because it not being a game animal

Comment

Working...
                              X