New “hunting” book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New “hunting” book

A good friend of mine called me this afternoon to let me know his Taxidermist finally published a book he’s been working on for some time now...
    Now this isn’t your ordinary deer hunting read. These are all true stories of how Charlie POACHED giant deer off some of the best known ranches in Texas. My friend Pat is mentioned in a few chapters as well... I know poaching is illegal and we all hate em... still doesn’t change the fact that this will be a very interesting and fun read. I’ve read some excerpts and have been patiently waiting for the full book. Check out the website at:

Explore the world of big game hunting which includes infamous Kenedy Ranch. Uncover stories about deer poachers, hunting adventures, & legendary figure, Big John – the Prince of Poachers.

Is Charlie , the poacher, also the taxidermist?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Is Charlie , the poacher, also the taxidermist?
      Yes

Comment

I'm holding out for txblackcloud book.

I kid. I will read it and report.

Comment

Before y’all bash me, I didn’t write the book, just letting y’all know about some good hunting stories that are a little different than the average magazine article.

Comment

Just bought it. I hated to give $25 to a **** poacher, but curiosity got the best of me.

Comment

I won't reward a poacher by buying his book.

Curt can I borrow yours when you're done?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Just bought it. I hated to give $25 to a **** poacher, but curiosity got the best of me.

Post it online for all to read. I’m sure the poacher won’t mind. That way no one gives him any more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                  Post it online for all to read. I’m sure the poacher won’t mind. That way no one gives him any more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Great idea, but don't forget.....I haven't gotten my book yet. Anyone willing to steal deer from someone wouldn't hesitate to steal $25 from me. I don't have a lot of faith that I'll ever get that book, but if I do I'll read it and pass it on.

Comment

Sounds like he might need all the money he gets from the book for legal fees.

Comment

I bet it is a good read, but I have to wonder, if he's saying the book is actual accounts of him poaching, wouldn't the Game Warden be able to use it against him?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I bet it is a good read, but I have to wonder, if he's saying the book is actual accounts of him poaching, wouldn't the Game Warden be able to use it against him?
                        Statute of Limitations? I don't know how old the offenses are, but I think the statue of limitations on game laws is pretty short. Hell, it's only like 5 years for burglary, kidnapping, theft or fraud. Can't imagine killing a deer is more than that.

Comment

Statutes on any felonies probably expired after 5 years unless he killed a landowner too. And you have to go by the law at time of offense. Probably all misdemeanors.
                          Last edited by Chew; 07-24-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I bet it's a good read

Comment

I might have to get a copy for my Dad. I've heard some crazy stories and seen some big heads from another poacher Dad knew in the same area during the 50s-70s. This guy could be one of his proteges.

Comment

Working...
                              X