I got hogs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hogs!

So I recently got on a 480ac lease in Duval Co. about 10miles west of San Diego Tx. I put out a game cam several weeks ago and hadn't seen any hogs up until last week when the area got some heavy rains. Hard to tell if its the same hog or not, but he or they are coming in at about the same time over the last few days. Just for reference the Tpost on the feeder leg is 18" off the ground. Might have to take a day or two off to see if we can cross paths.....hehehe.

You oughta have plentya pigs down there
    Better get some more arrowz

Comment

Oh it’s on now.

Comment

Hog in first on looks bigger than one in 3rd pic.

Comment

I hunt la salle county. Haven’t seen a hog in 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
            Hog in first on looks bigger than one in 3rd pic.
            I think you're right Sparkie. Man, im so excited for this coming year. I keep hearing from the locals that this area has tons of hogs and huge bucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
              So I recently got on a 480ac lease in Duval Co. about 10miles west of San Diego Tx. I put out a game cam several weeks ago and hadn't seen any hogs up until last week when the area got some heavy rains. Hard to tell if its the same hog or not, but he or they are coming in at about the same time over the last few days. Just for reference the Tpost on the feeder leg is 18" off the ground. Might have to take a day or two off to see if we can cross paths.....hehehe.

My place is really weird with hogs and Nilgai. It’s been years since I have seen more than one hog on a camera and in April I had several hogs on camera. Same thing with Nilgai.

It got to the point where I could guarantee that someone would kill a hog on our place on a two day hunt to you may make 5 four day hunts and not see a hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you're right Sparkie. Man, im so excited for this coming year. I keep hearing from the locals that this area has tons of hogs and huge bucks too.
                Dont know abouth the huge bucks part. But I know just east of there, their are some decent deer. Ive shot some good culls east of San Diego in the 130s. West of there. Not so much. But you are right on the tons of hogs part. Its definitely gotten alot better from say 10 years ago. Poaching was the norm in that area. I had a friend that owned about 300 acres in the Rosita area. We could put out corn on Friday when we got there and still hunt over the same corn on Sunday with out seeing a freaking thing. But that was over 20 years ago.

I did pick up some water troughs from a ranch just northwest of San Diego last year and saw quite a bit of deer from the caliche road. Was very surprised. So maybe its coming around.

Comment

Looks like the same pig in all 3 photos

Best of luck at arrowing him

Comment

You may be happy now, but just wait. I have 25 in some of my game cam pics at a time and our entire front pasture is destroyed.

Comment

I've got a place about 20 mi S of SD. They are definitely around. Yeah they occasionally wallow near a road but with the sandy soil down there, we don't have any luck with food plots anyway. I definitely don't mind their presence.

Not sure about the "huge bucks" part. Poaching, yes. Wouldn't be surprised if theyre members on here. "Where exactly is your place?" after posting about successful hunts. Careful what you share.
                      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 06-29-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        "Where exactly is your place?" after posting about successful hunts. Careful what you share.
                        My lease is just around the corner from the courthouse.

Comment

My lease is just around the corner from the courthouse.

San Diego has a courthouse? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#2 sure has a long skinny face---

And I could smell #1 as soon as the pic came up.

Comment

Congrats on new lease, and good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X