Question for the Tacoma owners out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Tacoma owners out there

Alrighty folks, I'm kinda a lurker here but came out of hiding with a few questions for the Tacoma owners out there.

I am currently a Student at A&M and I drive a 2002 7.3 F-350 LWB however I got a summer job working in Downtown Houston, as in DOWNTOWN, LIKE RIGHT IN THE CENTER. So realistically driving a land yacht down there every day isn't the smartest thing. So I'm looking at selling my truck for something easier and more economical to drive. First thought is a used Tacoma, any other suggestion would bee welcome as well.

What kinda mileage are y'all getting?

How easy/economic are they to modify? I have done a decent amount of upgrades to my truck and can't imagine myself NOT messing around with a new (used) truck.

I'm in a 2015 Tacoma crew 2 wheel drive and I get 19-20mpg.

Comment

2007 with a v6, 18 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2015 Taco V6 TRD 4x4 gets combined 17

Comment

I had a 2017 v6 4wd crew cab auto and was lucky to get 16-17 mpg mostly highway. I still have my 1998 v6 4wd 5 sp manual ex cab and get 14-15 but those are city miles.

Comment

Keep the land yacht and buy a cheap commuter car. You will regret selling that truck later

Comment

My 99 4 cyl 4x4 gets around 19. Manual transmission. Love that truck but it won’t pull the hat off your head

Comment

Wow, I figured they'd get better mileage, mine gets about 17 right now, it has fairly low miles on it so I was also thinking of selling it to keep from racking up a lot of mileage on it.

Comment

Tacomas are thirsty little devils!

Comment

They love gas

Comment

2006' 4x4 double cab auto with 265s gets 18 most of the time but I have a lead foot. It's only got 52,000 so maybe it'll get better[emoji16]

Before the 265s I saw 23 to new braunsfels and back

Comment

Well, shoot. . . . I was hoping they'd get better then that, I really didn't want to get a little commuter car.

Comment

Toyota trucks ain't known for good mpg. I have a 2006 with 4X4. 18 on hwy. 16 in town.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            Keep the land yacht and buy a cheap commuter car. You will regret selling that truck later

I thought about it but being a college student I don't really have the funds or a way to justify two cars (Don't ask me how I justified the truck in the first place . . .)

Comment

04' Taco the most I see is 16 on the highway. 14-16 in town depending on traffic.

265/75-16's duratracs leveled with 215K miles. It might get better if I drove a little more conservative. Next set of tires im going street tire since most of my miles are on highway now. Hope it goes up.

Comment

Working...
                              X