I45 in Huntsville is closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I45 in Huntsville is closed

They demolished an overpass into the highway. Everything within 20 miles of Huntsville is screwed. You have been warned.

Pics?

Comment

I’ll be glad when they get all that done we travel through there almost every wknd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Say whaaaaat?????. I just went through headed to Houston. I am headed home shortly! Ugh

Comment

It’s the Hwy 19 flyover to Houston and Dallas. It’s gonna suck for a long time for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Say whaaaaat?????. I just went through headed to Houston. I am headed home shortly! Ugh
            Good luck. Closed through the weekend. Not sure where you’re going back to but if it’s east of 45 59 might be your best bet

Comment

And don’t even think about 75 out of New Waverly. Tried that a few weeks ago during some other roadwork...bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                Good luck. Closed through the weekend. Not sure where you’re going back to but if it’s east of 45 59 might be your best bet
                Blah.... I need to buy a dang helicopter! Looks like a fun ride home.

Comment

Antlers86--
                  you can take 59N to Lufkin-69N to Jacksonville then 175 home.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    They demolished an overpass into the highway. Everything within 20 miles of Huntsville is screwed. You have been warned.
                    I don't guess there is ever a good time for it

They tore one down over 20 last Sunday and shut down both directions to off/on ramps

Luckily I didn't have to get near it

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                      Antlers86--
                      you can take 59N to Lufkin-69N to Jacksonville then 175 home.
                      I rerouted from Katy. Took 290 to 6 and just now on 90 headed to Madisonville then 45 north from there. I almost went 59 but didn't want to battle back across Houston.

I appreciate the heads up on this thread. Could have been a terrible trip home. Looks clear this way other than rain!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        I’ll be glad when they get all that done we travel through there almost every wknd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I cannot wait for them to finish. Almost every weekend, New Waverly is a complete nightmare. That whole reconstruction has been very frustrating. I work on the south bound side feeder road in that area. You should see the cluster f they got going on over there. That whole deal was poorly communicated to the businesses along the freeway. I take that back, it wasn't communicated at any capacity. Moving oversized loads is an act of congress. Sorry for the mini rant.

Comment

I am really glad I didn’t head up that way this weekend! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is I-45 still closed as a result of this? The "Drive Texas" website doesn't mention that I-45 traffic is affected; only those wishing to cross over on SH-150 are. My son-in-law is headed south from the Dallas area, and I was hoping to give him a heads-up/update. Thanks for any further info, or specific alternative route suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              Is I-45 still closed as a result of this? The "Drive Texas" website doesn't mention that I-45 traffic is affected; only those wishing to cross over on SH-150 are. My son-in-law is headed south from the Dallas area, and I was hoping to give him a heads-up/update. Thanks for any further info, or specific alternative route suggestion.

It has been reopened.

Comment

Working...
                              X